Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Explore This Playlist" feature toggle

"Explore This Playlist" feature toggle

My Discover Weekly and Release Radar now have these big popups in them that say Explore This Playlist that take up like 40% of my screen, and are annoying. It now takes longer to get to my music, because they appear above the tracks in the playlist so I have to scroll past them every time I open the playlist.

How can I turn these off so I can get to my music as efficiently as before? Thanks!

spotify bullshit.png
12 Replies

That's it, just an appreciation post for a feature I didn't even know I needed.

I've been skipping through my Discover Weekly songs at the end of every week to save the ones I like, and it was becoming a bit of a chore. Now I can do it much faster, and directly get to the right part of the song to be able to identify whether I want to add it to my playlists.

A great idea, and I hope the team in charge of it get some props!

can u pls elaborate on that function?

went into the weekly discover playlist

and did not see this option anywhere

It may only be partially released then? I know Spotify tend to test features on small segments before they commit to it fully. From a quick Google search I see mentions of it from November of last year, so it's been in the works a while.

Anyway, it takes you to a screen with a short audio clip from a song in the playlist and its info with the canvas in the background, generally the most interesting part of it, and you can go to the next or previous item in the playlist by scrolling up or down. Kind of like TikTok, but for the music in the playlist. Songs have tags on them, which if you click on, will take you to other songs with the same tag, that you can scroll through as well.

Very neat feature.

unfortunately I don’t have that feature

on playlists themselves. only the ones

suggested to me in music tab.

wondering if there is a way to toggle it on and off? maybe I accidentally switched it off? 

y e s. my adhd brain has me consuming music like oxygen. these lil preview scrolly things make it so much easier to find what i like! i hope it's a thing they're rolling out for the whole site, like *every playlist,* whether that's possible or not.

i need it.

. . . help i can't delete it. 💀

Completely agree with OP.

I also agree. Super annoying!

The childish animations in the new "Explore this playlist" feature on Android are not helpful. They are annoying. Please provide a way to turn off this useless "feature" or better yet  just get rid of it. I'm surprised you added it. Spotify is generally a good app. This feature just adds bloat. 

Screenshot_20230529-085919.jpg

Agree - it's super annoying. Could that option not be toggled on or off either on the home screen or in settings? I don't need nor want this feature!

I know people are annoyed by this feature

BUT PLEASE WHY DO I NOT HAVE IT

I would really love to be able to quickly choose which songs I like. And yes you should add the option to toggle it on and off so who want it can get it and who don't can not. PLEASE

I originally thought "Oh no, not more stuff to clutter up the UI!", but in hindsight, this is a pretty useful feature for quickly going though recommendations and keeping the ones you like without having to mess around skipping through tracks and deciding whether you like them or not. It could do with being a bit less intrusive in the form of a button on the playlist screen rather than hogging screen real estate with tiny videos.

Suggested posts