Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume on desktop messes with the volume on my phone

Volume on desktop messes with the volume on my phone

I like to listen to my Spotify on my desktop computer at work, but it's extremely frustrating when I go to open any app on my phone and something starts BLASTING at full volume.

I'm aware that the phone app connects to the computer app since they're both on the same account but is there a way to make sure I can use them separately? I'm assuming this feature is supposed to make things easier by making my phone a remote control, but I'd rather not have the volume on my phone completely at the mercy of my desktop.

I've tried keeping my bluetooth off, going through every setting option, etc. and if I click "forget device" on my phone, it boots me out of the desktop app entirely- when I log back in, it immediately connects to my phone and starts messing with the volume even if the phone app isn't on/open.

I've seen other threads where a potential solution was putting your phone on airplane mode but I don't want to have to make my phone unusable just to listen to some music on my desktop.

I really don't want to have to create a whole separate Spotify account just for work to prevent all this, so is this a feature that I can turn on and off? 

1 Reply

Bro I love the fact it’s works hand in hand with all my connected devices I don’t see a reason to revisit!. 😞 

Suggested posts