Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

podcast won't download over wifi

podcast won't download over wifi

I wanted to download a podcast episode so that I can later listen to it when I'm no longer connected to the internet. However, when I click on the download button of the episode, Spotify tells me: "Download using cellular. To download this episode, go to Settings and allow Download using cellular." This is strange, since I have a perfectly fine WiFi connection and I can play anything, including the specific episode. As I don't want to pay for mobile data, I don't want to put the option on as it suggests. Instead, I would like to know why I can't download the episode over WiFi. (I already removed and reinstalled the app.)

2 Replies

The issue you're experiencing with not being able to download a podcast episode over WiFi despite having a stable connection could be caused by a few different things. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your device's settings: Make sure that the "Download using cellular" option is turned off in your device's settings, even though you don't want to download using mobile data. Sometimes, this setting can be on by default and can prevent downloads over WiFi.

• Check your Spotify settings: Make sure that the "Download using cellular" option is turned off in the Spotify settings. Sometimes, this setting can be on by default and can prevent downloads over WiFi.

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and that you have enough bandwidth to download the episode.

• Check your device's storage: Make sure that you have enough storage space on your device to download the episode.

• Check if the episode is available for download: Some podcast episodes are not available for download, if this is the case, you won't be able to download it.

• Try using another WiFi connection: Sometimes, the problem may lie with the WiFi network you're connected to. Try downloading the episode using another WiFi network to see if it works.

If none of these solutions work, it might be a bug on Spotify's side. In that case, you can contact Spotify's customer support for further assistance. They might be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll be going over all of the options you mentioned. One question though: how do I check if an episode is available for download?

Suggested posts