Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

shuffle not working

shuffle not working

having selected “shuffle” everything stops after only a few songs in a playlist have been played

1 Reply

Hi juniorhashim, so if shuffle is not working properly on Spotify and the playback stops after only a few songs have been played, there are a few things you can try:

1. Check your Spotify app: Ensure that your Spotify app is up to date and that you have a stable internet connection. A weak or unstable internet connection can cause playback issues and impact the performance of the shuffle feature.

2. Check the playlist: Verify that the playlist you are trying to shuffle has enough songs to play. If a playlist has only a few songs, it's possible that the shuffle feature will repeat those songs instead of shuffling through the entire playlist.

3. Use a different device: Try using a different device to play the same playlist and see if the shuffle feature works properly on that device. This can help to identify whether the issue is specific to your device or account.

4. Try a different playlist: Try shuffling a different playlist to see if the issue is specific to the playlist you were originally trying to shuffle. If the shuffle feature works on a different playlist, then the issue may be with the original playlist.

If none of these work, a device restart is recommended.

Hope to of helped,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts