Ads at login.

Ads at login.

cammcken
Regular

A minor issue, really, but one that's slightly annoying.

The way I noticed it, Spotify has added new advertisements on the  "What's New" tab, which play when you first logon, but also when you go back to that page.

The ads in between songs are understandable and tolerable; they wait until I'm finished with a song before playing. But these will run on top of whatever you're streaming. I think there should be some way to make sure both the ad and the song aren't playing at once; at the very least, let one get muted while the other plays.

4 Replies

Lawman

And, for the love, please don't disable the volume on those ads anymore. They sound like they play at max volume.

timosi
Casual Listener

Are not all the ads at full volume? Is there some way to control this? Even if I am listening to music really loud, the ads will come in even louder. Why? Shouldn't they be at the same volume as what I am listening to?

Peter__
Community Legend

@timosi wrote:

Are not all the ads at full volume? Is there some way to control this? Even if I am listening to music really loud, the ads will come in even louder. Why? Shouldn't they be at the same volume as what I am listening to?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There are several topics over on the Ideas Exchange relating to the volume of adverts. 

The main one I can find is here, although there might be others if you have a quick search. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

timosi
Casual Listener

Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I will continue looking but have not found an answer as yet. Would be nice to have the volume level equalized with whatever comes out of Spotify, whether it be music or advertisements.

SUGGESTED POSTS