Album missing

Album missing

Elixia
Regular

hello,

First time poster. Nico Vega's first album self-titled Nico Vega is missing. It was on the list yesterday and after the update POOF gone. highly annoying. So therefore songs in playlist wont work and the entire album is missing from the artist page. I did though manage to 'find' the album but its unplayable, error code 802.

I dont have the music file locally so that isn't the problem here.

Here the missing album and spotify window in question:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s315/elixia_dragmire/missingalbum_zps679de93b.jpg

Whats going on here?

7 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Going to pop this over into the Music Chat section, since its not a web player issue.

Any content that has disappeared or been removed is normally down to the record label or rights holder, but it does normally reappear at some point in the future. 

Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner or record label, which is out of Spotify's control most of the time. 

Spotify upload all music which is made available to them for our enjoyment!

I would suggest you have a read at the missing content FAQ as it will probably answer a few of your questions!

Peter

Move: Web Player --> Music Chat

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Elixia
Regular

I just find this is odd since its only missing AFTER the new spotify update

Peter__
Community Legend

Yeah, its a little too close to be a coincidence! 

Have you tried logging out and back in again? 802 is normally a temporary error, so hopefully it will resolve itself!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Elixia
Regular

Didnt help :S

one odd thing thou, on that image in my first blog you can see 2 tracks at the top that aren't greyed out but when you listern to them their actually the remixed version from another album! just a funny weird bug.

My spotify at home hasn't been updated yet. I might see if that one is effected. If it is liencse issue i hope they're back soon. For a great new band it would be a shame to go awol.

Elixia
Regular

ok now i'm freaking out now

going through my master playlist looking at all the greyed out song interlaced with the rest and some of them are becoming useable again...

ClunbyT

I'm having the same issue, noticed the version of Million Years and Beast have reverted to different versions from one of their other albums, went to find the album on iTunes since it's become a regular staple of my playlists and wouldn't mind actually owning the album and I couldn't even find it on there. Weird.

RunToTheHills
Casual Listener

Imagine if there was a feature which told you when an album had been re-added!

SUGGESTED POSTS