All Music Playlists not populating

All Music Playlists not populating

pfdelorme
Music Fan

I have not been able to utilize Spotify's new feature -  to be able to view all of your songs / artists / albums in their own tabs.  It is supposed to prepopulate there, but under those tabs, it simply tells me "This is where you'll find all your saved songs (artists/alubms)." 

I have the full paid version of spotify, and I am having the issue on my iphone4s as well as my PC using windows7.  All of my music is direct from spotify, nothing from itunes or personal files. I probably have under 1,000 songs on my spotify.

When I look at my iphone data usage for the app, my songs are definitely all still there, but I just can't access them.  The only songs I can access are from the playlists I have made, and of course if I add any new songs to a playlist.  However, even if I add new songs, still nothing appears in the "Your Music" section under any of the tabs (songs, artists, albums). 

SpotifyScreenShot.PNG
10 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
Playlists and Your Music are separate things, saving to playlists won't alter your music collection. You need to add content you want to your music using the "+" buttons or by dragging and dropping content onto "Songs" in the sidebar.

Just be aware of this bug too!:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Adding-Large-Number-of-Tracks-breaks-Your-Music/td-p/76...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

pfdelorme
Music Fan

Thanks for the reply.  Why wouldn't it automatically populate like itunes, or even like it used to with the Library feature?  My playlists dont contain all the songs I actually have, and with the "Library" feature that was available before, I wouldn't be able to have all my songs into the "My Music" tabs.  Yet when I look at my memory usage on my phone, spotify is still using just as much, so I know all the songs are still on there somewhere, but I just can't view them all.

pfdelorme
Music Fan

Two of my friends, both with spotify premium like me, do not have this issue and said their music was automatically populated.  They did not have to manually add anything.  My colleague here at work with me, however, is having the same issue as me, though she has an android I believe.  (I have iphone 4s, one of my friends has iphone4s, and the other friend has a Samsung)

Peter__
Community Legend
@pfdelorme - If your friends where part of the Your Music beta testing, they will have had their playlists and tracks automatically imported. That was however only for the test group, the release version will not automatically import anything.

Peter

pfdelorme
Music Fan

Thanks again, Peter. 

Pretty much hopeless then.  Directed at Spotify, and not you, I dont understand how this makes sense funtionally.  If I were to delete my playlists, I would not be able to access any songs I have, yet the app would still be taking up 2gigs of memory on my phone.  Makes no sense why they would take away the library feature where all songs were automatically added into.  Now i need to clear everything and reinstall the app so that it hopefully doesn't take up extra space on my phone.

keebinz
Casual Listener

It really does not make any sense. Sounds like he had downloaded songs from Spotify so that he does not have to stream them and use data. So what you are saying is he has to add songs from his playlists to his My Music tab? Well lets just say I had downloaded 500 songs from Spotify. 20 of the 500 songs are in Playlist X, another 20 in Playlist Y, and another 20 in Playlist Z. That is a total of 60 songs across three different playlists. Now so you are saying I should add the songs from my playlists to My Music tab...okay that is 60 songs I can add to My Music tab, where are the other 440 songs that I have downloaded. How can I access the 440 songs since they are not in my playlists?

My Music tab should already be populated with the downloaded music. Seems all backwards, should have to drag music from My Music to Playlists, not the other way around. Why is there not a Library like every other music app such as Itunes or Google Play. Unless I am missing something, then this is makes no sense at all. I hope Spotify actually looks into this.

Peter__
Community Legend
Where are those tracks downloaded if they aren't in playlists? Little confused!

Peter

pfdelorme
Music Fan

Peter, therein lies the problem.  I had all my songs in "Library," but with the recent update that removed the Library, I now only have access to the songs I had put into playlists. 

Peter__
Community Legend
Library was just an "overview" which was populated with all of the tracks from all of your playlists and your local files, you could never add content directly to the library. None of that content will have been removed when library was replaced so all of the content that was in the library tab must be somewhere else on your account.

Peter

pfdelorme
Music Fan

Yes nothing was added directly to the LIbrary. - songs that were saved to playlists were added to the LIbrary. since that was the only way to do it (which was questionable functionality to begin with).  However, if I removed a song from a playlist, or even removed an entire playlist altogether, the songs would still be in my Library so that I could make new playlists without having to search again for every song.  That is the purpose of a Library. 

SUGGESTED POSTS