Can I choose to stop seeing what someone is listening to?

Can I choose to stop seeing what someone is listening to?

simrie
Roadie

Hi. Can anyone help.  .I don't want to unfriend or offend people who are on my friends list on spotify..but I'd like to stop seeing what some people are listening to!!. Is this possible? 

3 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey 🙂 

Which version of the Spotify client to do you have (Help > About)? 

If you are on 0.8.5 then you should be able to go to the "People" tab, right click on a person and then press remove. If it is a Facebook friend, then this might not work, but it is worth a shot!

If you are on 0.8.8 then head to the "Follow" tab, select "Following" at the top, find the person in the list and press "Unfollow".

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

simrie
Roadie

hi.thanks for responding..I got rid of the 'horrible update' version so I'm on 0.8.5.

Your solution seems like it might work for people who aren't also facebook friends, (but obviously it deletes them altogether,, I only really wanted to stop seeing what they we listening to) but it does't seem to work for facebook friends.

It's not a massive problem..but seeing the hundreds of 80's power ballads my friend is listening to is making  me slighty unsettled! 

Peter__
Community Legend

Yeah, it is one of the features of the new client I really like, you can finally choose whose activity you see in the sidebar! 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS