Can't get spotify to open!

Can't get spotify to open!

DaliaA
Start of by saying I am computer challenged but fell in love with spotify 1 day into my free trial and became a premium paying customer right away. Now less than a month into it- it's not working and I'm so lost!! I have a MAC OS X 10.5.8. I log in with FB but despite having downloaded spotify and used it before its not coming up. So I attemp to d/l it again and it starts installing (teasing me!) and when it's done the spotify icon bounces a few times and an errot message pops up saying spotify quit unexpectedly. I attempt a relaunch- attempt to d/l directly from the site- clean my cache and anything that I see says spotify. But 20 times later I am clearly ubderstanding the definition of insanity!!!!! Help.
1 Reply

Peter__
Community Legend

@DaliaA wrote:
Start of by saying I am computer challenged but fell in love with spotify 1 day into my free trial and became a premium paying customer right away. Now less than a month into it- it's not working and I'm so lost!! I have a MAC OS X 10.5.8. I log in with FB but despite having downloaded spotify and used it before its not coming up. So I attemp to d/l it again and it starts installing (teasing me!) and when it's done the spotify icon bounces a few times and an errot message pops up saying spotify quit unexpectedly. I attempt a relaunch- attempt to d/l directly from the site- clean my cache and anything that I see says spotify. But 20 times later I am clearly ubderstanding the definition of insanity!!!!! Help.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify is no longer supported Mac OS X 10.5.x which is why you are having issues. 

Have a read at my instructions here to get a working client again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS