Change from Free to Premium and activate a prepaid gift card (bought through telecom-operatoor)??

Change from Free to Premium and activate a prepaid gift card (bought through telecom-operatoor)??

JoNoKi

Hi, I'm a very not-up-to-date-mom, trying to help my not-yet teen daughter activate her all-year gift card of Spotify premium. She already has a Spotify Free-account, but I don't understand how I can change that to a Premium and directly use our prepaid code, which should pay for a whole year of Premium.

The only way to Premium seems to be "try a month for free", but I just want to fix this right now. So now I'm sittin' here with a 14-digit code and dunno how to use it... feeling rather silly and frustrated, actually.

1 Reply

Peter__
Community Legend

@JoNoKi wrote:

Hi, I'm a very not-up-to-date-mom, trying to help my not-yet teen daughter activate her all-year gift card of Spotify premium. She already has a Spotify Free-account, but I don't understand how I can change that to a Premium and directly use our prepaid code, which should pay for a whole year of Premium.

The only way to Premium seems to be "try a month for free", but I just want to fix this right now. So now I'm sittin' here with a 14-digit code and dunno how to use it... feeling rather silly and frustrated, actually.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just head to www.spotify.com/redeem and log into your daughters account, once you have done that it will let you enter and redeem the code against her account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS