Change location

Change location

antonisanag
Casual Listener

I know that this might have actually been asked before, but I just want to make sure I will not regret anything, or it will not have any impact on my listening to Spotify.

So, I am greek and I live in Greece. However, I find greek advertisements incredibly irritating. For the past two weeks, for example, a particular 00:30 song teaser plays constantly, every 10 minutes or so, and everytime it does, I just want to throw my mobile out of the window. 🙂

I realise I am a free user, and I do not object to other kind of advertisements, such as for example, greek industries or mainstream music. But listening for half a minute for a song that I hate, is really driving me crazy so much. I mean frankly, I would rather listen to two minutes, to native Spotify ads, telling me what my options are in each device.

Now, I have registered through Facebook. Can I change my location to somewhere else, and where to? Should I just pick randomly, i.e. UK or the US?

5 Replies

kbrooksc
Community Legend

so...your country also depends on your IP address. You'lll need a VPN or different IP address matching the country that you want to appear from. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

antonisanag
Casual Listener

So, in order to do that, I will have to install a VPN client on my cellphone, and find a vpn server to connect to, in order to have different IP address? And all that, using my provider's data? 😕 I can't see how this would work, given that even in HSDPA networks sometime spotify needs to buffer, let alone using all of this configuration..

No other way? 😕 I am willing to hear the ads, it's the greek songs (ironically my own country's) that bother me.. 😛

kbrooksc
Community Legend

well...Premium is always an option, but your country has to match your IP. 

antonisanag
Casual Listener

Alright, thank you for the answers. 🙂 I guess I may seriously consider updating to premium. 😄

kbrooksc
Community Legend

not a problem! I love Premium. Wondering what each subscription gives you? compare subscriptions here.

SUGGESTED POSTS