Denon heos link

Solved!

Denon heos link

Webaudio
Casual Listener
I'm planning tu buy heos link for my dynaudio xeo 5. Heos is not said to support ogg vorbis. How can I stream with spotify premium in this format?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

atomicbob
Casual Listener

When you use the app on the phone without the cable,  Spotify is streaming to the heos from the net, not from the phone. At that time your phone is just a remote, not a source

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Rodrigo
Community Legend

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

On their website, they state that all Heos speakers are compatible with Spotify via the Heos app you can download at Google Play (Android) and App Store (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).

You can also connect your phone to the Heos Link using its headphone jack (also know as 3.5mm connector and AUX IN), according to their website.
In this case, you can directly use the Spotify app and even leave your phone connected to the speaker and control playback using Spotify Connect from your computer or tablet.

They also have an online manual you can check in order to understand the speakers better.

I hope this ansers your question. Enjoy your speakers!

Webaudio
Casual Listener
Thank you. Actually my concern is about the streaming quality. Heos doesn t support .ogg format. Streaming with heos should thus require a format conversion and I just wonder if spotify highest streaming level is achievable and how. thanks

Rodrigo
Community Legend
Hello again!
I believe the quality would be as high as your phone allows it to be.
Probably, the reason why you need to use either the Heos App on your phone or the headphone jack is exactly because the speaker cannot work with .ogg
Everytime you use the headphone jack, all the audio processing happens on your phone, what goes through the cord is the decoded audio signal. I believe the exact same thing happens via the Heos App, except it's wireless.
Solution!

atomicbob
Casual Listener

When you use the app on the phone without the cable,  Spotify is streaming to the heos from the net, not from the phone. At that time your phone is just a remote, not a source

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS