Downloading "Songs" and "Playlist"

Downloading "Songs" and "Playlist"

listcrayon
Casual Listener

I have Spotify Premium and downloaded 3 of my playlists and the "Songs" section of my Library. A lot (not all) of my "Songs" are also in my playlists. So if I downloaded from both sections, did I just downlad a bunch of songs twice? The reason I did this is I wanted to just download "Songs" but also have access to the organizing I did with my Playlists without having to fully donwload songs twice. Just the organization of my Playlists is what I wanted. I'm using iOS and MacOS.

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, 

5 Replies

Algertc
Music Fan

When you download your saved songs, any overlapping songs with your library and any playlist will only be saved once. You can access it from either way offline. You don’t need to worry about downloading twice.

hope this helps

listcrayon
Casual Listener

I somehwat understand. I've already downloaded my playlists (two of my playlists have an approximate 70-80%  overlap with eachother) and my "Songs" library(all the music saved to my account). Ex: if I have a song in 3 playlists and saved in "Songs", and I downloaded from all 4 libraries, am I wasting 4x the storage space?

AeroZ
Composer

Hello @listcrayon!

If it's the exact same song then Spotify downloads it only once.

Cheers

cteffteff
Composer

You should be able to see the songs in the playlist and in the songs section. They also should be downloaded in both sections since you did this. Also, if you didn't have internet connection the whole time you were downloading it might not have downloaded all of them. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

cteffteff
Composer

You should be able to see the songs in the playlist and in the songs section. They also should be downloaded in both sections since you did this. Also, if you didn't have internet connection the whole time you were downloading it might not have downloaded all of them. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

SUGGESTED POSTS