Export Playlists, but it's incomplete

Export Playlists, but it's incomplete

marieroche
Regular

I'm trying to embed a spotify playlist into a squarespace web page. When I embed the code only some of the songs appear that are in my original Spotify list. Why's that?

11 Replies

Christoffer
Community Legend

Are you using Spotify Play Button and if so could you embed in a post here by clicking new post and choose HTML? 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Peter__
Community Legend

Got a link to the playlist that you could post here 🙂

Any tracks which are added to the playlist as local files won't show up in the preview if they couldn't be matched to corresponding tracks in the Spotify catalogue. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

marieroche
Regular

I've sourced all my songs trhough Spotify. Here's the embed code.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:marieroche:playlist:2da1lFeRO8Qj9g5LYPXjC3" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

When I call up the list I don't see "She is not you" by Elvis Presley, or "15 years ago" by Conway Twitty.

Christoffer
Community Legend

How many songs in total should it be? Because i can only see four and not the two you where talking about. But if it's a few songs you could use the trackset option in Play Button and add each song. You can read about here.

Peter__
Community Legend

I can confirm looking at the playlist that the playlist does appear to have been created using local files which is why they are missing when you share the playlist. If you are building this playlist from the desktop client, the follow tracks must be imported into the client as local files (check the Local Files tab) as they have not been linked to tracks in the Spotify catalogue.

Jaheim – She Ain't You

Elvis Presley – She's Not You

Conway Twitty – 15 Years Ago

All of the other tracks have been linked to tracks in the Spotify catalogue but I assume they where also added to the playlist as local files. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

marieroche
Regular

I see these songs listed in my local files. How do I import into the client? How do I link to tracks in spotify catalog? Thanks!

Jaheim – She Ain't You

Elvis Presley – She's Not You

Conway Twitty – 15 Years Ago

Christoffer
Community Legend
Your device and computer needs to be connected under the same wifi. Then your device should show up under devices on your Spotify client on your computer.

marieroche
Regular

I'm not using a device. Help me! I'm so confused. I'm just trying to get all the songs that look to be in my playlist on my computer to show up in the playlist when I import it onto a website I'm creating.

Christoffer
Community Legend
Sorry i think i understand know. Unfortunaly you can't use Spotify Play Button with your local files since it only stream from the Spotify catalogue.

marieroche
Regular

How can I tell if the list is sourcing a song from the Spotify catalog or my local files?

Christoffer
Community Legend

I think the easiest way is to link all your local files to the same tracks (if they exists) in the Spotify catalogue.

SUGGESTED POSTS