Favourite FM Radio

Favourite FM Radio

DellaSquare
Roadie

Hi There,

I just wanna know what's your favourite FM radio, where is located and what kind of radio is it.

My favourite is Radio Deejay from Italy, it plays very different types of music in different program from the new eurodance songs to the new indie rock artists. But what I LOVE of Radio Deejay are the "DJ" themselves. They're not usual DJ they're more like a showman and they really made my day.

But there also another FM Station called Radio Freccia, also from Italy that is more focused on music and is very rock!

So guys l, can't wait to know what's your favourite FM Radio!

Cheers,

Luca

Follow me
Follow my band

And check my Playlist: spotify:user:dellasquare:playlist:1X4hlAcW0kfzNwcW0mGO0Z
9 Replies

Nickolay
Composer

Well, since Norway has removed FM and added Dab, I'd say "Top 40", before it was just P4, hehe.

Best Regards,

Nickolay

DellaSquare
Roadie

DAB is the digital radio right? It's coming right now in Italy, I've heard that some FM radio are also available in digital way.

Follow me
Follow my band

Nickolay
Composer

Yeah.

The most popular FM radio's in Norway has moved to DAB.

Both upsides and downsides with it.

The downside is that you gotta purchase the digital radio and connect it to your car.

The upside is that It's a lot more to listen to.

Well, technology is moving ahead, no more old FM radio's in Norway at least, hehe.

Sebasty
Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

... I had no idea such things are going on!

Here in Estonia we still have FM channels. I hope for a while... : )

I used to listen to Power Hit Radio a whole lot. It's a club music channel, so pretty much every remix of a currently popular song got there, and also biggest hits from local artists and worldwide. Partyzones every weekend - mixsets by famous DJ's.
Skyplus FM was another favourite. It's more popmusic. You can go to Spotify and find this universal Top100 and the featured playlists. That's basically it. 🙂
However there was a talkshow on Saturdays, I believe it was two guys and one girl talking. There was a topic raised and listeners could send their stories on that topic, and hosts read them to the listeners and discussed it. Topics were ranging from embarrassing schooltime memories to traffic-related things to all kinds of other stuff. It was great fun listening to those sometimes.

Radio 2 is worth a note too, it has interesting programs. One is for oldschool d&b for example.

But truthfully I'm not listening to radio that often anymore, due to obvious reasons... (Spotify, and my Walkman.)

SebastyRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

rossi1911
Community Legend

Here in Indonesia, my favorite is Hard Rock FM. It plays only Rock music and also Metal.

My another favorite station is called El Shinta. It is more focused on News and every night it plays stand up comedy live.

DellaSquare
Roadie

I love the "Old School" style of FM radio and I don't need to have a perfect sound on the Radio. If I want to hear something that sounds good I'll put a CD or I'll listen something on Spotify connected with my Bluetooth radio, or when I'm home I've my beloved turntable.

What can make the difference is that in Italy is very expensive to build up a FM radio and the internet radio are not well listened. If DAB will bring those little internet radio into the cars that will be great!

Follow me
Follow my band

soundson
Roadie

... used to listen to FM radio a lot,

especially Radio Fritz

happy to see that we now have KCRW Berlin

i have the impression that FM radio stations here are getting more and more mainstream and similar to one another and less experimental 

crowdiegal
Roadie

I live in an area of Australia that sucks for FM radio so more often than not I'll get on the internet and listen to Sydney radio stations eg: one of the top 40 stations like Nova FM or I'll tune into one of the stations that plays a variety of music from different decades like WS-FM. If no internet it'd be either Hit 106.9 or KO FM. 

Sebasty
Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@soundson

I have noticed the same trend in Estonia too.

New channel popped up, called Hit fm. It's basically like Skyplus.fm and star.fm joined.

MyHits (made to replace another channel that went down) is similar to the aforementioned channels.

The only radio channels that are different to the core all belong to two specific owners (Estonian media, and ERR which fortunately means: ad-free, only cultural news), everything else seems to try and attract audience playing popular songs... Doesn't really make them very unique, does it?

Well, Power Hit Radio didn't really have this problem finding audience - dance music will attract a lot of people. : ) and so far it's the only station that specifies on that.
(lied, NRJ FM is also one, but it has a very small area covered by FM. didn't know it existed..)

But if one would want more specific and well-picked selection of music, like progressive edm or hiphop or jazz or d&b, they'd have to go to one specific station called Radio 2 (hosted by ERR), this channel has series for these.
(there is a separate channel for classical music... by ERR)

Internet radios are more unique in style.

SebastyRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS