Goodbye IPod We'll Never Forget You!!!

Goodbye IPod We'll Never Forget You!!!

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Do you remember your first IPod?

What a wonderful gadget isn’t?

1,000 songs on your pocket really?

Well if you’re born from 2000 or further more you born almost the same time or you’re younger than the IPod, but for all of us that were already in our 20’s, 30’s….this was a big deal….

And now it’s more or less over, looks like it’s going to get out of market….

GOODBYE IPOD, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE TUNES

Why don’t we share some or memories about that time when we met the IPod, what kind of music we synchronize in it, the star of making Playlist, to repeat a song until we get satisfied, in my case was all about to put inside ITunes my hold catalogue and my wife get sick just to see my starting the computer because I was about to take a life time trying to be up to date….

Do you remember that Apple used this song in a TV spot for the IPod Nano?

Was a win-win relationship, until this moment is the most popular Feist song…

spotify:track:2CzWeyC9zlDpIOZPUUKrBW

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
4 Replies

Sebasty
Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

That's actually pretty weird to think about. A dedicated portable media player going because smartphones that do everything a little bit are stepping on them.

But well, there it is.

In one way it's understandable when you have a good phone that has lots of space and a good app within to play music with, but I am yet to see a smartphone I could listen to music with for 2 weeks before I have to recharge. 😉

I have a Walkman. Never have owned an iPod tho. My phone may make good photos, but for music playback... Makes me want to stab myself in the leg.

The Walkman came with those button-earphones (not in-ears), and I used those until some metal dust got into them. Then I bought some Yamaha in-ears. God that was an eargasm level 9000 😄
I transferred all my favourite albums to the player and then I'd listen to music in bed at night. Back then I didn't really have good headphones and also lacked the cord to plug my machine to the soundsystem, so it was really the best I had. Heard so many things I didn't hear before.

I suppose many iPod owners had similar experiences. I actually looked forward to long bus and car rides, I'd relax so hard on the backseat listening to good bits!
(I still do, actually.)

SebastyRock Star 18

coalminecanary
Roadie

I never had an ipod, i never owned an apple product in my life. 

however i certainly remember when they came on the market and i wanted one. i was like 16 when it came out and the commercials grabbed my attention, with the shadow people dancing to cool music. lol. i bothered my mother for one but she told me i was crazy and if i wanted a 500 dollar music player to get a job and buy it myself. lol she did get me a discman that played burned cds though. so i used that for a few years until i finished highschool and got my first job. one of the first things i decided to buy was an mp3 player. however after doing some research i decided i didnt want the ipod after all because i didnt want to have to use itunes. and they were more expensive than other choices. i ended up getting a 5 gig Creative Zen Micro, in white. it was a stylish looking peice of tech, was a bit less expensive than apple but still way more money than the grown up adult version of me would be willing to spend. lol i enjoyed it alot. being able to bring 5 gigs of music with you anywhere, never skipped due to shock,  had a voice recorder and fm radio band as well. i had it for a good few years until the battery wouldnt hold a charge and windows no longer supported it. was a sad day. i purchased another mp3 player after this, with like 8 gigs and it was only like 30 dollars, totally amazing. used that for a while but now i have given it to my old fogey step father. he uses it to listen to disco music. he comes from another plane of existance. 

now i just use my smartphone as a portable music player. these darn phones do everything lol i would have loved it as a kid. 

annistynsmusic
Roadie

Yes! I remember having an iPod. In fact, I still have mine today. I had over 1,000 songs on it myself, shared with me and my father. But now it's just mine. Which is how I have grown to love the music I do today, because of my father. Post-Grunge. 

I remember how I'd always blast Puddle of Mudd when I was smaller over and over again. 
https://open.spotify.com/track/1uwTmwkjv7wFImfzegvdI6
I had used CDs and iPods for my source of music back then. Crazy how things have changed!

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

@coalminecanary The important thing is the music itself and we love it!!

@annistynsmusic Great person your father and I understand perfectly why you listen so much that song, thanks.

JpgchiefRock Star 14
SUGGESTED POSTS