Hiding recently played artists from profile

Hiding recently played artists from profile

KiFi85

Why can I not hide my recently played artists from my profile? I've unchecked a box on my windows spotify that says 'show my current top artists' as recommended elsewhere. I wouldn't mind quite so much if the other people I follow have this issue but I can't see their recently played artists. I only want people to be able to see the playlists that I've created, they don't need to see who I've been listening to. 

It's driving me mad that I seem to be the only one who shows this information. 

4 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm having this same problem, I've unchecked the "show top artists" box on both my desktop programs (it's not an option on my phone app) but they are still there.

its actually stopping me from using Spotify as much because I just don't want a certain stalking someone to see what I'm doing anymore. And I can't block them either. 

Cheers for the privacy, Spotify. 

8Bgirl8
Casual Listener

Yes,  exactly. I am having this issue as well for months now. The option to hide your recently played artists is only available on a desktop not on the phone so I go to the app on the desktop and uncheck show recently played artists and when I check they are still visible and when I log back in, it’s selected as green so that it continues to show the artists I listened to, so it completely ignores me when I unselect the option. Why not remove the option all together if it no longer serves a purpose and it’s like we all played a game of musical chairs where those who had them showing at one point and have changed their minds are now stuck without being able to sit it out. So mad about this and yes I am considering Not Paying for this service if it’s faulty. Maybe we should move to Apple Music like some people have. I used to enjoy Spotify but this is really messed up— especially since the recently played artists don’t even publish accurately the same way always, or not at all like now... they’re not changing or updating at all anymore they are just stuck. Also, I accidentally reported a song as being inappropriate when I was trying to go to the full album- it was an accident but that’s a new option/feature too which is lame because if you hit it by mistake you can’t undo it. Instead of coming up with new ridiculous features and making changes they should fix the current ones so that paying customers don’t experience this guff while also being ignored on all fronts. That’s it. I’ve convinced myself. I’m unsubscribing from Spotify. 

8Bgirl8
Casual Listener

can’t even say I’ll wait to see if they fix it bc they clearly don’t intend to. I saw a post from someone complaining about the same thing somewhere else online In Jan. Of this year. Spotify used to let people preview tracks on phone app and that cool feature is gone, it just keeps getting worse all together. At one point it was working fine but now Spotify is disappointing.

HZH

I got same problem. I unchecked the boxes below many times but Spotify hasnt worked and always returned the boxes into green as seen here. Really annoying.claim.jpg

SUGGESTED POSTS