Incorrect Albums and Pages for Artist "Witchcraft"

Incorrect Albums and Pages for Artist "Witchcraft"

JonnyPhoenyx
Casual Listener

Hi gang,

This is my first post on the forums, so hopefully i'm going about this issue correctly. 

I recently got into a band called "Witchcraft" and was thrilled to find it on Spotify. (To avoid confusion, I'll refer to this band as "Witchcraft 1") I noticed the page only had their most recent album - "Legend," but also included another album by a different band with the same name. The album is called "3|3|3" by what I'll refer to as "Witchcraft 2".

So, I uploaded a witchcraft album from my personal library and discovered that this same album was on already Spotify - but under a different artist page listed with the same name (I'll call this "Witchcraft 3"). This new page includes the remainder of  Witchcraft 1's albums, in addition to yet more albums by a same-named bands ("Witchcraft 4" and "Witchcraft 5" ).

So, as you can tell, this can be very confusing for a user looking to discover new music (and discovering, I believe, is a huge part of why Spotify is so awesome). I don't know if this will be read by moderator's who have the ability to rearrange pages to better sort albums, but I wanted to make this issue known. 

Here's a list of the artists and their correct albums:

Witchcraft 1 + Witchcraft 3 (These are the same artist)

Legend (Listed under 1)

The Alchemist (Listed under 3)

Firewood (Listed under 3)

Witchcraft (Listed under 3)

"Witchcraft 2"

3|3|3

"Witchcraft 3"

-See above-

"Witchcraft 4" (I believe this one is spelled WitchcrafT with a capital "T")

Ash

"Witchcraft 5"

Scattered Areas of invisibility

As I Hide

I hope I made this as clear and understandable as possible (instead of creating even further confusion!) and that this problem can be resolved soon. I'd love to share this band with my friend without explaining it!

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

-Jonny 

2 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

JonnyPhoenyx
Casual Listener

Thank you for the links and direction! Request submitted!

I love Spotify and want to help make it even beter! ^_^

SUGGESTED POSTS