JE² Folk Aug ‘16: Folk Goes Pop

JE² Folk Aug ‘16: Folk Goes Pop

JESquare
Community Legend

ACRAFTED2.png

Aug_Folk_Spotify.png

JE² Folk is a, hand picked, monthly playlist focusing on a different Folk subgenre or theme. (The Latest Mix will be on the Top and than every post below goes from oldest playlist down to the previous month.)

Folk August 2016 places the spotlight on songs blending folk, bluegrass with modern pop. Full of artist like firekid, Elle King and Mat Kearney.

This mix started when I noticed how I was hearing the banjo in pop songs from Artilst like American Authors & Elle King. This mix is a collection of pop artists that keep one toe in bluegrass and folk and vice versa.

9 Replies

JESquare
Community Legend

JE² FOLK FEB 2016: Folk & Stars

Folk Feb 2016 places the spotlight on folk songs perfect for listening to under the stars.

FOLKSTARS_SPOT.png

JESquare
Community Legend

JE² FOLK MARCH 2016: Quirky Folks

Folk March 2016 places the spotlight on Quirky folk.

QURIKYFOLKSPOT.png

JESquare
Community Legend

JE² FOLK APRIL 2016: my FOLKs cabin

Folk April 2016 places the spotlight on upbeat folk.

FOLKCABIN_SPOT.png

JESquare
Community Legend

QUIET_SPOT.png

Folk May 2016 places the spotlight on slower, somber folk.

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

Thanks for sharing! This is a great themed playlist! with well made covers! Your music taste is quite versatile. Thought you only listened to metal 😛

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

JESquare
Community Legend

@Jazzwhatever Thank you, and Shhh don't tell all my metal head friends. 🙂

JESquare
Community Legend

FIDDLE_SPOT.png

Folk June 2016 places the spotlight the Fiddle aka Violin in folk & bluegrass music. 

I've always been a fan of the violin and this mix is a collection of known and unknown artists that incorporate it with wonderful skill and beauty. Going back as far as the 16th Century Italy, the Violin feels at home in the blue mountains of America as it does in the Sistine Chapel. I personally love it's rural quality and this, Handpicked, playlists is a collection of that sound.

JESquare
Community Legend

folknature.pngFolk July 2016 places the spotlight on traditional Folk that evokes feelings of nature. 

Something about the sound of acoustic instruments, especially in more traditional Folk that reminds me of nature. I hear it and I'm instantly walking in the countryside. It was that feeling, that motivated me, when selecting songs for this mix.

So if you're planning to go on a nature walk, or you'd like to imagine you are, this is the mix for you.

mikeyman1234

Love the list! Have you heard this cover. 

SUGGESTED POSTS