Kamelot - Ghost Opera album missing from Spotify

Kamelot - Ghost Opera album missing from Spotify

BlackFiresong
Music Fan
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I am mystified as to why this album isn't on Spotify. It is quite recent (from like 2007) and pretty much all their other albums are there... Please can it be added? Thanks!
8 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

It is, Which Country are you in? I found available for me in the States.

Update I just checked the availability it would appear only in the U.S. is that release available.

BlackFiresong
Music Fan
I'm in the UK and it's definitely missing. Jumps chronologically from One Cold Winter's Night straight to Poetry For The Poisoned 😞

user-removed
Not applicable

Apologies I just did a lookup it is only currently available in the U.S.

BlackFiresong
Music Fan
Oh, that is sad 😞 I wonder why? All their other stuff is available here. Hope they free that album up for the rest of the world soon!

Zeromantix
Roadie

This album has always been missing (in Norway), but I never found out why

user-removed
Not applicable

It all comes down to how the content provider decided to uploaded the material and set the region access for that release. You might try tracking down the artist through their facebook and/or other social media outlet profiles and send them a message asking why that release is not available to U.K. spotify users?

I have come across some artists where it took sometime before other releases eventually showed up, Symphony X for some time had a couple of releases missing from U.S. listener access but eventually they showed up. One of their releases ended up hiding under another artist page probable by nothing more than metadata tagging errors. Their release Paradise Lost just happened to be the same name of the band name Paradise Lost and I found the release there. It can take some time for other releases to show and sometimes they don't.

BlackFiresong
Music Fan

Thanks! I did try and search for the album name to see if it showed up mistagged for whatever reason, but it didn't, so I've tweeted the band and hopefully will hear back! It's just odd because ALL their other albums are there, including the two albums that succeeded Ghost Opera and the more obscure ones from the 90s. So for Ghost Opera to be unavailable outside of the U.S when it's one of their most popular albums and two out of five of the band members who contributed on it live in Europe seems bizarre. Anyway, hopefully they will respond to my tweet. Until then, I have the CD/YouTube/whatever 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

I did some digging on that release on their wikipedia page and it would appear that the release was rereleased again and the one available to U.S. listeners is the original one, the rerelease comes in a limited edition bonus track version with variations based on regions released to, and also comes with a second disc on DVD format I believe. So that might be the issue why that release is not showing up maybe for U.K. listeners yet? Here is the wikipage to that release for comparisons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Opera

SUGGESTED POSTS