Missing music

Missing music

mattyzone
Casual Listener

Hey,

i have some issues with music on Spotify.

All my friends (for sure some of) can play some albums like KoRn - Untitled or Fear And The Nervous System... i can't. 

I can't even find them in the libary anymore.. links from friends spotify dosent work for me. 

What's the problem? We are living in the same country and so, they can play some music that i can't even find

11 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

I can't find any Korn full albums on Spotify, just odd tracks so your friends probably have these as local mp3 files on their computers.

mattyzone
Casual Listener

No, i can find any korn album except that one. And i dont have any music on my local libary as mp3. 

So the reason is different.

Peter__
Community Legend

What country are you in? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mattyzone
Casual Listener

Poland, as well my friends

Peter__
Community Legend

Okay, just done a little bit of catalogue digging for you:

Korn – Untitled is currently not available in any country on Spotify, so if your friends are still able to listen to this album they must have it as local files. 

Fear and the Nervous System is not in the Spotify catalogue at all, so again if your friends are able to listen to it they must have them stored as local files on their own computers since they are not available through Spotify. 

Peter

Peter

BigKev57
Roadie

So this morning I looked on Spotify for Korn's new album The Paradigm Shift and there it was. Excellent I thought. I'll play that when I get home. Well I get home and not a trace of it is to be found!!!! WTF!!!!!! Thanks for that Spotify.

Peter__
Community Legend

@BigKev57 wrote:

So this morning I looked on Spotify for Korn's new album The Paradigm Shift and there it was. Excellent I thought. I'll play that when I get home. Well I get home and not a trace of it is to be found!!!! WTF!!!!!! Thanks for that Spotify.

Just checked, according to the metadata Korn – The Paradigm Shift is available in selected countries. 

Peter

Peter

BigKev57
Roadie

I just checked again and strangely it's back again lol Thanks for looking 🙂

Sam
Spotify
Spotify
We accept your apology, BigKev57 🙂
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Snook99

so that's strange. I listened Paradigm Shift since three weeks.

And now I can’t play it  (except the title: Never Never) because it is no more available in Germany. Is that true?  

But why I could listen to them three weeks before without any restriction?   

Peter__
Community Legend

@Snook99 - content availability is always changing, the majority of the time its all down to the record labels making changes - very annoying! Normally it will reappear in the near future 😉 

If you post a link to the album here too, I can have a quick dig in the catalogue and see if there are any other versions hiding. 

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS