My friend activity feed isn’t updating

My friend activity feed isn’t updating

hopeyyyy

My friend activity hasn’t updated since Monday but I know they’ve been listening on Spotify. Is anyone else having this same issue?

15 Replies

BrunoX66

I'm having the same issue. Seems to be the last update that caused it.

sandybeach71
Casual Listener

Same here it is so furstrating! Hope they fix it SOON!

Bellajump
Casual Listener

Mine hasn't worked for 5 days, very frustrating as they can't see my updates either.

laurenoconnor

This is happening to me too! 

cyrona

still same me too

user-removed
Not applicable

Me as well

Cloughm12

Me too!  Says my friends haven't listened to any music in 4 days, which I know is not true!

sandybeach71
Casual Listener

I did report this shortly after commenting above and they said they had other reports and they were still looking into it and would update when they figured it out. I'm wondering if with the new update that the "Publish my activity on Spotify" preference defaulted to OFF instead of ON like it had been and that is why everyone's activity is no longer showing. When i check mine that preference was defaulted to OFF. I'm assuming they could fix that since people aren't aware by doing an update and having it default to ON if that is the case and people turning it off if they don't want it. But i thought that was the whole point of choosing a private session. I'm not sure but do know they did state they would update in the community when they figured it out. I suggest checking your Preferences and seeing if what i stated above is off or on... it may be the same case with all your friends as well and why we aren't seeing anything now.

Regular

i reported this to them last week, still not fixed..... 

Bellajump
Casual Listener
Yes preferences are all correct, that was the first thing I checked. Thanks
for the suggestion though.

Acryllix
Casual Listener

Mine isn't working either!! It will occasionally update, but it hasn't worked properly for a couple days now. It's definitely the new update. Hopefully they fix it quickly!!!

Acryllix
Casual Listener

For some odd reason, mine has also been defaulted to off, a setting I discovered a couple weeks ago. I tried to switch it back to on, and it won't save at all... It's mildly frustrating. 

Recycled
Casual Listener

Same here, not on all friends but just some of them. I can still see what my mum is listening to, but not my gf.

user-removed
Not applicable

reported + tweeted at spotify a couple weeks ago when i first noticed this happening..still a persistent issue where only a few people will update. checked my boyfriend's account (won't update on my friend activity feed) and he's still sharing his activity so seems like it's a problem with the program itself. 

jacech
Regular

this is also happening to me and it's so irritating

SUGGESTED POSTS