New songs

New songs

Missbuetz
Hello, I am a member at Spotify since 2 weeks and generally I am satisfied! But sometimes I would like to add some songs to my playlists which I have found on Itunes, for example fit for fun running or the new Kontor spring edition, but unfortunately it is not available at Spotify. Why not????? These records are not too special!!! Has anybody an idea? I would appreciate it. ;-))
4 Replies

FrightAttendant

Heya Missbuetz. 

I'm pretty sure some artists/groups/labels avoid Spotify because they're not into the whole "free streaming" thing. Also, iTunes likes to have music exclusive to itself. That might be why you can't find certain songs on Spotify! But on the bright side, there are thousands of new artists to discover on Spotify. It's quite rewarding!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. There are also some big names, such as AC/DC and Led Zepplin who have chosen not to be part of Spotify. There are also some artists who just have not yet discovered Spotify is amazing or got contracts which allow their music to be put on the service. 

Spotify upload all music which is made available to them for our enjoyment! I would suggest you have a read at the missing content FAQ as it will probably answer most of your questions! There is also a dedicated post here on the community about music addition requests.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

jahman

In Rainbows, an album by Radiohead, is not on Spotify. If added, it would make myself and a lot of people happy.

Peter__
Community Legend

@jahman wrote:

In Rainbows, an album by Radiohead, is not on Spotify. If added, it would make myself and a lot of people happy.

I bet it would! Great album 🙂

Unfortunately, anything that is missing, especially since most of the rest of their content is on Spotify is normally down to the record label not adding them for whatever reason. Have a read at this post for a little more detail. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS