OBVIOUSLY you guys are missing a couple of bands

Solved!

OBVIOUSLY you guys are missing a couple of bands

6578910a

Ok when I search up bands like Blink 182, Asking Alexandria and Slayer for some reason you guys have barely any songs by any of them. Ok given not to many people like metalcore or metal in general but blink-182???? I'm literally shocked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6578910a

makes sense

Specify
Casual Listener

Obscured By Clouds has been in the search engine on Pandora and Spotify, but they are removing us becuase they do not want to pay so many artists...so watch out.  There's the rabbit hole in equal opportunity.  They play what they negotiate into their contract, not what you may want to hear!  Ah, sweet abyss of phenomenal worshiping mindlessness...call me home!

David
Spotify Legend
Specify - I can find one album by Obscured By Clouds on Spotify at the moment - called "Psycheclectic". It seems to be available in most countries (if not, all) that Spotify is available in.

Can I presume that you represent the artist at all? Have you only recently put this album up? Were there any other albums that should show up as well?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Specify
Casual Listener

Thank you...yes, independent music has no champion if distributors and streamers don't protect the content from which they are making advertising revenue.  Why unlist music?  That seems to be inherently lame.

Specify
Casual Listener

Yes, I own the label.  I own the band.  We want our music available.  Stop deleting it please.  If our music is good enough for KCRW, WNYC, KNRK, New York Times, Newyorker, Classic Rock Magazine etc.  I think it is good enough for spotify.  

SUGGESTED POSTS