Offline Help

Offline Help

Beccaboo3
Casual Listener

My spotify has been offline for over a week now. I have reinstalled multple times, I changed the proxy and I have just waited but nothing has happened. So frusterating. so anyone know how to get it on online mode?

8 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey there! Welcome to the community 🙂

Do you have any security software or firewall running which might be blocking Spotify from accessing the Internet?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Beccaboo3
Casual Listener

I know I do, but I am not sure where I find those programs...

Beccaboo3
Casual Listener

Ok I just checked and nothing is on makeing it not connect to internet, also if it helps error code 113 is popping up

Peter__
Community Legend

Error code 113 is a connection error therefore your client is unable to communicate with the Spotify servers. There must be something blocking its connections, you may also need to check your internet router settings. If you are trying to access from work, some companies block Spotify connections to save bandwidth. 

There is an error code guide here

Peter

Peter

Beccaboo3
Casual Listener

ok, I am accessing from school, so is there anyway I can change those settings from my laptop??

Peter__
Community Legend

If you have disabled all of your own security software and this is still occuring, I would get in touch with your school's IT department and ask them. As it is their network, they will probably be able to give more accurate information that I can.

Peter

Peter

rml
Casual Listener

Hey, everybody............I was offline for over a month until I checked my firewalll like Spotify said to.  I added the Spotify URL to the "bad exceptions" list and VOILA!!!  I was back on track and the whole system works wonderfully.   Hope this works for y'all as well.   RML

rml
Casual Listener

check the post by RML

SUGGESTED POSTS