Organizing Playlists

Solved!

Organizing Playlists

Zippy177

Hi

How can I organize my playlist into alphabetical order, I am sure its very simple for you experienced spotifuggle users so I would appreciate some words of wisdom

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Good old drag and drop is still (unfortunately) the best way. The pain is getting them ordered the first time, after that its easy to just insert a playlist in the right place. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Good old drag and drop is still (unfortunately) the best way. The pain is getting them ordered the first time, after that its easy to just insert a playlist in the right place. 

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

I can do this on my Android app now apparently, why not on my desktop Spotify player? Considering that I'm paying £10 monthly for my desktop version, and the Android app is merely a *free* remote/extension of it, this seems more than a little backwards?

Joe
Community Legend

Add your support to this idea and imagine what a nightmare drag and drop would be on android 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks Joe, as you may have seen I posted there too...and that's a fair point humorously made but it's ALSO a nightmare on a desktop - I have hundreds if not a thousand playlists on my Spotify player, and drag dropping a new one into alphabetical position actually takes 60 seconds plus (and I have a new fast PC) - so for every 60 playlists that I've alphabetised I have wasted exactly one hour of my life.

That's great.

If it's so easy to put the option into Android why not the desktop player? Don't spotify employ and programmers any more?

Joe
Community Legend

It always comes down to priorities I guess. I organised my playlist in folders to make them easier to find but the new Collection feature which I'm on the Beta programme for has solved this pretty much for me as far as album playlists go. Hopefully it will roll out to everyone soon.

WhirlingPervish

This has been driving me crazy! The difficulty of organizing playlists is pretty much my only complaint about this service.

For me, it stems both from not having a single function to alphabetize, as well as the fact that you can only move one playlist at a time. That is INSANE. The entire reason I pay for spotify is to have access to gobs and gobs of music. It doesn't really work when I can't easily find what I'm looking for.

user-removed
Not applicable

It is insane that a company as big as Spotify can't get somebody to code in an alphabetise feature, and then roll it out as a software update.....my SCREENSAVER updates versions at least once a month but not my supposedly uber-sophisticated streaming music player?

And the forums here are full of people (paying users in fact) PLEADING for the function.....I guess that when you feel that you have monthly subscription fees locked in from users you worry less about keeping them happy?

Seriously, Spotify, just get some intern in to do it, some unpaid kid, will take an hour... it really shouldn't be that big a deal to acknowledge the existence of alphabetical order as an organizational tool....especially when you have already done it for the phone app!

JJFiore
Casual Listener

Radical Idea, but how about a folder system, maybe a tagging system not unlike Gmail?

What if you organized my playlists for me by Genre, time created, era?

So many good ideas for doing this much better. 

Peter__
Community Legend

@JJFiore - That does sound radical, might be worth posting it as a suggestion over on the Ideas Exchange for review! 

Peter

DanceForJoy

I SO agree with you. Ive been trying for ages to find a way to sort my playlists alphabetically and was too shy to ask anyone, thinking that i must be stupid not to be able to find out how - NEVER realising that it could be a feature that didnt exist! This is complete madness!

majormusicpromo
Music Fan

Just make a new playlist and add the songs from your old one in the order that you want them. This is what I do on my spotify.

Follow my Indie Music Playlist here!

Follow my Top Hip Hop and R&b Playlist here!

user-removed
Not applicable

We're talking about putting the playlists themselves into alphabetical order in the playlists sumary list on the left of the player, rather than putting songs within an indvidual playlist into an order....but thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable

SUGGESTED POSTS