Paid for service but never got an email

Paid for service but never got an email

Munch_lok
Casual Listener
Hello I have a question. I subscribed for spotify premium using the student discount this morning. However, I never recieved a confirmation email and when I log into spotify is says I'm still registered in a FREE account. When I check my card statement it shows I was charged $4.99, yet there is no payment set up in my account and it says I'm running a FREE account so there's no premium account to cancel even if I wanted to. I'm afraid I will be charged monthly now for a service I never recieved since I "don't have an account" to cancel. What should I do?
7 Replies

dsa_7
Roadie

Woo hoo! Welcome to the Premium club! I'm sorry you can't use your new Premium features right away. Try using other Spotify platforms you have access to, to see if the problem is across your devices. You can use the Web Player at play.spotify.com, download a client from the Spotify website, or use one of the totally wicked mobile apps. If the problem is still on those platforms, try following the suggestions at: https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription/?in=search

It may just be that the payment registered, but not the upgrade on the database. Check you're not using Offline Mode anywhere and try a re-install (you can find help on these topics at the help link above), but if it just does boil down to a database error, contact Spotify at https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

Please feel free to keep me or the rest of the friendly Spotify community posted on your Premium journey, and come back to have a chat about your favourite album on Spotify, to share some awesome music you gathered in one of the playlists you made or just for a general chin-wag. Good luck!

Starting out but ready to make a difference 🙂

Munch_lok
Casual Listener
I contacted them and they sent me an email saying that I must have another account that got signed up or I used a different email. Which isn't the case because I only have this account which I created recently and have never used spotify in my life before. And they recently sent me an email reminding me to upgrade so I did so by replying to that email, which means I am linked up to the correct email.

dsa_7
Roadie

Do you have a Facebook account? Did you enter your credit card details directly on to the Spotify site or used PayPal/gift card? Do you use a client for Spotify you installed or the Web Player? Could you let me know your browser and whether you use private browsing or not? Once I have the answers I'm sure I will be able to help you better. Thanks!

Munch_lok
Casual Listener
No problem. I have the spotify app installed on my phone. I used the premium free trial for one week to see if I liked it. After that week, I recieved an email saying that my trial was over, so on my phone I opened that email which directed me to the spotify web page. From there I clicked on the student discount button because I am a student. It asked for my CC info so I put it in correct, then it asked me to put in my school. After that it stated I should have spotify premium. However, I waited for an email confirmation and never got one. I logged out and back into spotify on my phone, as well as on my laptop from Mozilla Firefox. Both still stated I had a FREE account instead of premium. So I checked my card statement and I was charged $4.99 but my spotify account doesn't acknowledge that payment.

dsa_7
Roadie

Can you try un-installing your mobile app, restarting your device, and re-installing the app from your phone's official App Store/Spotify website? Do you have a Facebook account which could possibly be linked to your phone's OS? Did you get a reference number when the purchase was confirmed? 

Because you had a trial beforehand, you may have bumped in to the bug mentioned here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Discounts-for-Students-or-signing-f...

Try clearing your Firefox cache. Your browser might just be adjusted to thinking you have Spotify Free. It is highly likely money has been taken and service isn't being provided, but I would like to run through absolutely anything possible before I advise you to contact support again and I do it too so they give it a bit of attention.

I'll check back tomorrow, but by then someone else might have helped you. But if I've been useful, I'd appreciate an upvote or Kudos or whatever they do here. 

heidicadman
Casual Listener

How did you email them ? Struggling to find an email address !  

elgranchobi
Roadie

This may sound like stupid questions but they are real and I am trying to help, its to make sure to get them out of the way before trying to resolve the issue:

1) Did you checked your spam email folder for the spotify email you are waiting for?

-If not, check your spam email of the email you say you used in the Spotify registration process, it might be there. 

2) I have a coworker employee on my office that is a student as well, and she signed to Spotify as a student and she got the discount, however there was a part where they ask for confirmation to her on which college she studies on, and she answered. Also she used her student's email account (which is provided by her college) to sign in. I am not sure if using the student email account is the difference (I would think that it shouldn't make a difference but then again, it worth trying checking). 

3) Did you logged into your Account (Not to spotify) BUT To your user spotify account https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/   and checked the account status there if its activated as a premiun or not?

If I can help you somehow you just let me know and I will try to help. 

I hope you see this through. 

JLODM
SUGGESTED POSTS