Pass word reset frustrations

Pass word reset frustrations

mnzanger

HELP ME, I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T ARISE!!!!    Have been trying (sporadically) to reset my password for weeks to no avail.   I either get an error message or, when I click on the reset password, highlighted phrase, it only lands me on the generic introduction to Spotify page.   This shouldn't be a difficult issue, but somehow I cannot connect with a simple form allow a quick reset via e-mail.   

7 Replies

Adam
Roadie

Hey there, welcome to the Community!

I've just taken a look at your account and it was created through Facebook so it'll always be your Facebook email address and password you use to login. If you've forgotten your Facebook password, you can reset it following the steps here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

dpmcalister
Casual Listener

I had similar issues trying to change my password (I don't have Facebook). I'd put a new one in and it would come back saying I hadn't entered my current one (there was no entry for it then though). I put in the new one and then the current one and it would say my current one was wrong! Err, no, I've just used it to log in!

In the end, I logged out and clicked on the Forgotten Password link. Reset my password that way. A bit of a pain in the rear though.

Peter__
Community Legend

@dpmcalister wrote:

I had similar issues trying to change my password (I don't have Facebook). I'd put a new one in and it would come back saying I hadn't entered my current one (there was no entry for it then though). I put in the new one and then the current one and it would say my current one was wrong! Err, no, I've just used it to log in!

In the end, I logged out and clicked on the Forgotten Password link. Reset my password that way. A bit of a pain in the rear though.

Are you sure it wasn't an "email already registered" error you where getting, not an enter your password one? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

dpmcalister
Casual Listener

Do you mean "Can you read?" If so the answer is yes, I can read.

Peter__
Community Legend

Just double checking, this might be an issue which needs looking into (errors with no way to fix them are pretty serious and annoying). 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

maeburnley

I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN!!!!!! FRUSTATION DOES NOT COVER HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW! Clearly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set a password or remember one that you have just typed in. Also I have been trying to cancel my subscription since I can't use it, and how come I am being sent in circles between Spotify and Apple Pay.

vgloud

@Adam wrote:

Hey there, welcome to the Community!

I've just taken a look at your account and it was created through Facebook so it'll always be your Facebook email address and password you use to login. If you've forgotten your Facebook password, you can reset it following the steps here.

SUGGESTED POSTS