Paying Premium, but desktop app crashes and won't reinstall

Paying Premium, but desktop app crashes and won't reinstall

kitleonard
Casual Listener

Premium user, but Spotify desktop app started crashing a few days ago. Have tried to reinstall many times but keep getting "installation error" message. Using Mac 10.5.8  The Help forums aren't much help. Any clues?

3 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey 🙂 

Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer being supported by Spotify, have a read at my post here which details how to get a working client again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable

I just set up premium payments for the second time, but my IT department at work is blocking Facebook, Twitter and I assume Spotify since I can't access it anymore (as of yesterday afternoon when we had five electrical surges and when my computer rebooted Spotify was no longer available.

I guess I need to cancel since I am sure I can't get around the blockage here at work?

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you normally log in using Facebook (to Spotify) then there are a few ways you might be able to get around it. 

Firstly, you could try setting up a device password and retrieving your Spotify username (which will be a string of 10 digits) by following the steps in this FAQ (ignore it is for Sonos). That would then allow you to log into your account without Facebook authentication. 

Otherwise, you could try using a proxy to route your Spotify traffic. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS