Playing an album

Playing an album

Abbafan1972
Music Fan

If I find an album I want to play in Spotify, I click on one track and play (I have shuffle enabled), it will only play the one track and then stop.

It will only play the whole album if I add it as a Playlist, is this correct?

Can I just play the album without adding it as a playlist?

Thanks in advance. 

8 Replies

Taylor
Community Legend

Hi,

It should play the album in the album view all the way without stopping even if you are in shuffle. What album is this?

Try reinstalling Spotify.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Peter__
Community Legend

If you are using a free account the client will only play 1 track at a time from the search results window in order not to eat up your track time. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Abbafan1972
Music Fan
Thanks. I am using the free account. What is the limit on the free account please? I can't find the info anywhere about it.

Peter__
Community Legend

@Abbafan1972 wrote:
Thanks. I am using the free account. What is the limit on the free account please? I can't find the info anywhere about it.

Spotify free restrictions only come into affect after your account has been active for 6 months (and you aren't in the USA) and are outlined here. If you go to an album page rather than playing from the search results it should play the whole album for you? Is that not happening? 

Peter

Peter

Abbafan1972
Music Fan

Thanks.

I think it's on the search results where it will only play the one track, I haven't tried going to an album page.

I will try it.

ETA:-  I have just opened up an album "A kind of magic" by Queen and played the 1st track, took shuffle off and it play the 1st track, but after that had finished, it played a track from the previous album I was listening to on my playlist.

How can I listen to the full album from start to finish?

I have only just registered with Spotify yesterday.  I had an account previously which I cancelled due to the confusing interface etc and it seems to me that nothing has changed! 

el_g
Casual Listener

The same thing is happening to me:  I click on the "play" icon on an album, and it plays only the first song on that album, then returns to the next item in the queue instead of playing through the entire album I just clicked on.  The rest of the album is then added to the bottom of the queue.  Not really intuitive on how you play an album without doing some extra dragging of the entire album contents to the queue and then dragging the album to the top of the queue.

I'm on a 60 day premium trial, coming over from being a daily Rdio user, and it's pretty clear that the Rdio experience is much more fluid.  There are so many items for Spotify to fix, and from the dates on these board items, none of it is getting done. 

Peter__
Community Legend

@el_g - Did you manually queue those other tracks which are in your play queue? 

Peter

Peter

el_g
Casual Listener

It's not intuitive as to how one would press the "play" icon on an album and then be expected to manually queue the rest of the album.  On most other music players, the user presses play on an album and it queues the entire album.  Spotify adds the first song on that album to the the front of the Play Queue, then the queue continues with the next item that was in the queue but puts the rest of the originally desired album to the bottom of the queue.  

It is not intuitive, and not what a user would expect.  

SUGGESTED POSTS