Registered Band name being used

Registered Band name being used

Iahoo
Regular

Hi,

We want to report that our band name "SHINE"  is registered under the name of D. Jose Manuel Varela García, lead singer of the band, since Month Day of Year. It is an approved trademark and is acknowledged by the OAMI, valid for the 27 countries of the European Union

We wrote en email some days ago, getting no reply. Our profile and album is constantly confused with ones from other bands, now that we are about to have our second album out, we want that not to happen any longer, as we are the legal owners of the name.

thanks in advance

14 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Where did you write your email? If it was from the online contact form or from the artists pages, did you receive an automated reply directing you to the community? If so, just reply directly to that email so your case will reach a member of the team. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Iahoo
Regular

Hi!

we used the web contact form but we didn't get any mail back. This was two weeks ago and we checked spam box too every day since...

Peter__
Community Legend

You should have got an automated email reply with a case number in it. If you have that email, post your case number here and I will see if I can get someone to look into this for you. 

If not, just email again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Iahoo
Regular

I wrote again and I had a reply where it says that I should fill another form... I did and nothing happened, no automated reply, nothing.

the case number is #00448627

thanks

David
Spotify Legend

One of our advisors has replied to you yesterday. For matters like this, it's best to contact our artist services team. However, other bands using the name may need to be communicated with in order to resolve this.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Iahoo
Regular

Yes, he wrote telling me to contact with the artist services team and I did, thats where I never got a reply from.

The advisor didn't tell me if he will work on this, if the bands using the name will be noticed...just asked me to write to the artist services team.

is there any way to check the status of my incidence?

thanks in advance

David
Spotify Legend
As it's Christmas time for our artist services department, you may not hear back right away. I apologise for the delay.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Iahoo
Regular

Hi,

I'll wait a few days then to see if someone comtacts me.

i recieved a mail today asking me to evaluate the service and the solutions given. Does that mean that my trouble ticket has been closes?

thanks and merry xmas

Iahoo
Regular
Hi,
Christmas days passed and I still dont have any reply...
Where can I know the status of the ticket?

David
Spotify Legend

That email you recieved was more to evaluate your experiences with the Customer service department, and is unrelated to your Artist Service message. As this is a different department to us, and isn't really a support ticket "per se", I cannot check on the status as of yet. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Iahoo
Regular

I see, but I still dont have any mail from the Artist Service nor aún answer to what I am supposed to do...

Spotify has been told that a fraudulent use of a trademark is being done and nothing is being done... How much am I supposed to wait for an answer?

David
Spotify Legend

It's still the holiday season at the moment for some countries. It's also worth discussing with your aggregator about options you have in regards to other bands sharing the same name outside your copyright area. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Iahoo
Regular
Sure it worths it, but the only place I've got someone to reply me was here in public, so nobody asked me asked us to talk about anything more than a week later.

Holyday season is ended todas here in Spain, so I guess someone will write us...

Iahoo
Regular

One more week and still no answer...

As this message board is public, before start any legal process I´m posting here the link where its shown that we own the trademark registered (name and logo).

http://esearch.oami.europa.eu/copla/applicant/data/360298

We want to report that "SHINE" name is registered under the name of D. Jose Manuel Varela García, lead singer of our band. It is an approved trademark and is acknowledged by the OAMI, valid for the 27 countries of the European Union.

Hope this helps and we get any reply this time.

SUGGESTED POSTS