Related artist

Solved!

Related artist

serciu

Hi,

I would ask you guys about this related artsit feature on Spotify. I recently put my band's music on Spotify via RouteNote.com and now I want to have some other bands connected with mine. How can I do this? Can someone help me?

Band name: Modern Lies

Thanks for yours help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Those related artists are generated automatically by algorithms that detect what other users listen to alongside your music. From the Artist FAQs:

How are the artists on the radio and related artists populated?

Spotify's related artists and radio are determined by algorithms which look at what people listen to alongside your music. So if I put your music in a playlist alongside artist X & artist Y then artists X & Y are more likely to be shown as related to you or played on radio.

There's no manual way to change these. You can start to affect it by creating a sharing playlists of your music with other music you think is more related. This will increase your streams and the bands you want to be associated with, increasing the chance of them becoming related artists.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Those related artists are generated automatically by algorithms that detect what other users listen to alongside your music. From the Artist FAQs:

How are the artists on the radio and related artists populated?

Spotify's related artists and radio are determined by algorithms which look at what people listen to alongside your music. So if I put your music in a playlist alongside artist X & artist Y then artists X & Y are more likely to be shown as related to you or played on radio.

There's no manual way to change these. You can start to affect it by creating a sharing playlists of your music with other music you think is more related. This will increase your streams and the bands you want to be associated with, increasing the chance of them becoming related artists.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS