Risky stie, credit card would not allow charge

Risky stie, credit card would not allow charge

softtailkiki99
Casual Listener

I called my CC company and asked them why I was being declined and they stated the spotify web-site showed as risky???? Please explain

6 Replies

Liam
Community Legend

@softtailkiki99 wrote:

I called my CC company and asked them why I was being declined and they stated the spotify web-site showed as risky???? Please explain

False positive, probably because people can't be bothered to use the support form to ask for a refund or because they don't have  

a phone number...

Liam

TicTok
Casual Listener

My account would not accept it on the site either, but then I checked my account and had been charged twice. 

Liam
Community Legend

@TicTok wrote:

My account would not accept it on the site either, but then I checked my account and had been charged twice. 

Hi there, you should see that you have been given a 2 month subscription instead of 1 month. If you want a refund, you can contact the CS team using the Support Form 🙂

Liam

TicTok
Casual Listener

It doesn't have any subscription, it was for an Egiftcard.

dallasis

I have the same issue. Haven't been able to subscribe to spotify premium because my card won't allow the transaction. 

I've even headed to Target to pick up a gift card (heard they were available there) and no dice.

Is there a spotify ecard (something I read about above) that's purchasable and immedicately redeemable? 

Thanks!

Peter__
Community Legend

@dallasis wrote:

I have the same issue. Haven't been able to subscribe to spotify premium because my card won't allow the transaction. 

I've even headed to Target to pick up a gift card (heard they were available there) and no dice.

Is there a spotify ecard (something I read about above) that's purchasable and immedicately redeemable? 

Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes there is, you can buy Premium eCards directly from the Spotify website and redeem them against your own account if you can't or don't want to set up a rolling monthly subscription.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS