Similar artists not so similar...

Similar artists not so similar...

lastterritory
Casual Listener

Hi,

I wanted to know how the similar artists works. Because my metal band is on Spotify and all of the similar artists are R&B and HipHop artists. That's kind of weird.

I don't thing King Tef and Last Territory look alike.... How can we do something about it ?

Not discrediting the other music styles but i would like to be match with similar artists that sounds similar 🙂

7 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

I think the related artists are generated on what people who listen to your tracks are also listening to. I could be wrong though. 

I don't think there is any way to manually change that information.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

lastterritory
Casual Listener

Well that is weird and a shame 😞 Thx for the answer 😞

grahammm
Roadie

I do not take much notice of the Spotify 'Similar Artists'. I find that the Last.fm similar artists list is much more accurate and can be viewed from Spotify using the Last.fm App.

Mungoid
Casual Listener

Oh dude! Thanks for mentioning last fm had a similar artists section! I was totally getting irritated with the related artist tab not matching very similar musicians. Then again, thats probably why they say "Related" and not "Similar" 

Ultimation
Roadie

Unfortunately last.fm similar artitst only show for the band you're currently playing. As opposed to searching for some music before you play it. I guess I'm the only one who queues music.

It's too bad the "related artists" feature on Spotify just gives you random selections (and a few favorites, kind of like Goo Goo Dolls and The Rolling Stones are "similar to" just about every friggin' band I look at). It seems like a month ago they were at least somewhat relevant.

niven42

Anyone else agree Coldplay ---> Radiohead ---> Mercury Rev ?

Amphitryonmusic
Casual Listener

Hello everyone, I am a Spotify artist called "Amphitryon" is my music style is mainly electronic. Unfortunately I could see on other networks that my artist name is also the name of a hard metal band that had before Spotify. Let me introduce you all the similar artists of this famous band it finds on my artist profile !! It is extremely car-generating that it penalizes me to allow others to discover my music via this space is therefore via recommendations and listen intelligently .. I do not think that a person is the same subject as me after a multitude of Mails without answers via the form I leave my trace here ... Although musical,

SUGGESTED POSTS