Song Missing

Song Missing

erindelaney

So I am a fan of The Cure, and I have noticed that one of their earlier songs Killing An Arab is no longer here. I've seen this topic discussed on here, but with little to know "light on the subject." I'm just going to come out and say it. I do not believe for a second that the song is not on Spotify due to "licensing" or whatever. Example: the studio album of Depeche Mode's Songs of Faith and Devotion is on Spotify but not iTunes. Spotify is cracking down on songs that aren't PC and are "white supremacist". Killing An Arab is not a song about white supremacy. It's from the late seventies/early eighties, way before the media coined the term. The title throws you off at first, but you shouldn't judge a song by it's title.  

I would go as far as to say as if (and only if, I'm giving you all the benefit of the doubt here) the song is no longer on here because of the aforementioned reasons, that's censorship. You can't have it both ways; have anti-world leader albums but not other songs. 

All I am trying to say is this: sometimes I just want to listen to The Cure on the go, and not stuck next to my record player. 

0 Replies
SUGGESTED POSTS