SpotiApps hack 2010 - was this the seed for Apps?

SpotiApps hack 2010 - was this the seed for Apps?

krikelin
Community Legend

Two years ago, I created a .net app hack called 'Spotiapps' that would emulate apps inside Spotify connected to playlist. The artificat, which even had a logo 'Spotify Apps' make this very fuzzy.

http://spotiapps.krakelin.com/

Have anyone seen this site? Today my idea feels very suspect for the product that today exists?

4 Replies

hēnk
Roadie

So you want a share of the profits for coming up with the idea of Spotify apps? I think the combined apps and the support for them in the client have yet to prove a net plus in the bank. Also, aren't you a little late with this?

krikelin
Community Legend

No I'm not going to rush to the court for that - I used Spotify trademark on this so I think I should blame myself if there actually was my idea Spotify stealed. Also Spotify is big and would have advocacy in class with Apple and MS so I don't think I would win a such trial.

I think I can get money from work, this and much other gives a decent CV, so I think this indirectly will pay off in any way altogether with other stuff I did with the chance to a job.

I think this has happen many times. Young guys hacks on something, then a big company took it or come up with the same. So I'm not going to claim anything. 

hēnk
Roadie

Oh ok then, good luck with your .net projects. I'm more into FLOSS, so it's C, JavaScript, Python and Ruby for me (at least 2 of those would run on .net but I've seen IronPython and it seems really awful). Not yet any purely functional languages because I haven't really needed them for anything.

krikelin
Community Legend

SpotiApps is anything worth touching as Spotify now have apps (regardless of it's interference with Spotify business ideas)...

Spotify now has what I want and I'm so free, don't need to waste time on hacks like that anymore... Feels so right.

SUGGESTED POSTS