Spotify Can't Play Current Track

Spotify Can't Play Current Track

captainill
Casual Listener

Baths - Rafting Starlit Everglades

http://spotifytrack:3qsH9BhpsCVYkHGeW4k5JB

Get the error  'Can't play current track' at 12 seconds in. It seems the file may be corrupted because if i skip ahead of that its fine. May also only be at high bandwidths because this only happens in the desktop client. The new play.spotify website streams it without the hiccup.

Is there no way to report something like this to Spotify? We can all just talk about this stuff in a big online circle jerk?

4 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

You can use this form to report broken tracks.

captainill
Casual Listener

Thanks I got help from spotify ppl and they ended up telling me to delete Spotify and all associated data. I went to my cache location, as defined by my preferences, and deleted everything in that folders location. I made sure the song wasn't favorited or available for offline user because I'm not sure if that data is kept in the same place. Anyway it worked so it was a problem with my cached copy of the song.

for me the cache location, on Mac, was /Users/{Username}/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Storage where username is your Mac username

jfk689

I'm currently having this problem on my PC running windows 10. The only difference is that instead of one track, it's happening to all of my tracks, whether they are saved offline or not.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, which doesn't seem to fix it. It works fine on my iphone, but the moment I switch to my laptop, it's an endless barrage of "can't play current track." Any insight on this?

doicu2
Im having the same problem. I 've done everything and can't play any tracks. did you resolve? If so what did you do to resolve?
SUGGESTED POSTS