Spotify crashes after ~10 minutes of play (mac)

Spotify crashes after ~10 minutes of play (mac)

esnicholas

Can anyone explain (or provide a fix) as to why my spotify keeps crashing after I've been listening to it for around 10 minutes? I'm running it on a mac and have the most up to date versions of software and have tried deleting it and then reinstalling and none of this seems to make a difference. Reasonably annoying having to re open spotify every ten minutes, especially given I have the 'premium' versions.

Thanks

5 Replies

MichaelJerzak
Composer
Does it give any sort of error log when it crashes?

kate2008

I am having the same problem.  Any ideas?  No error log - just quits suddenly.

Peter__
Community Legend

@kate2008 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Any ideas?  No error log - just quits suddenly.

Try the steps here to manually update to the latest client and see if that helps at all? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

zh054331

I have experienced a similar issue, and I see a lot of similar issues posted dealing with Mac and possibly the new OS update.

I find errors each time mine crashes, all of which deal with malloc.

• error for object 0x(some address): incorrect checksum for freed object - object was modified...
  • set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
  • Terminating process due to a potential for future heap corruption: errorno=035

I looked at the recent security updates and didn't see anything stick out that could cause this, although there is a mention of unicode conversion changes.

Peter__
Community Legend

The staff are collecting information and tracking this issue on Mac OS X over on this topic so I would keep an eye there for updates.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS