Reinstalling the app did not help. No offline devices are registered to my account. I can use Spotify Connect to stream to other android devices in the network but not to the Marantz NR1605 and SR6009 receivers. The connection either does not work or breaks down after a few seconds.
I'm having exactly the same problem with my Marantz NA6005 and MCR611
Since the TOS update any attempt to play to either device via the Android/iPad or Desktop app results in the Marantz device playing for 14 seconds and then it "crashes" and drops off the network and I have to restart it.
It's been driving me mad all morning as I've just got back from abroad and thought I was hitting some weird wifi glitch.
I contacted Spotify support about this problem. Here is what Support has to say
" Thanks for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Marantz devices .Since Marantz developed their own Spotify app their customer support will need to help you out. Please get in touch with them here."
However there has been no firmware update on my Marantz devices (NR1605 and SR6009) in the past 4 weeks and it has to be a problem on Spotify's side. Recent posts on this forum indicate that users with Denon receivers are having the same problem---seems like Spotify broke something on the Spotify Connect interface with there TOS update.
I've been speaking to customer support and also taken a few packet captures.
If I use my account (I login via Facebook) then when the Marantz attempts to start playback it gets a HTTP 301 Moved Permanenly error and hangs after switching into Spotify mode.
If I use a customer service supplied account then the Marantz appears to reset and goes back into Media Server mode without ever showing Spotify on the display. In this case it seems like they're simply terminating the connection with TCP RST after it's established.
I've sent this information on to customer support, I'll update this thread if I have any news.