Spotify does not work with Marantz

Spotify does not work with Marantz

arbeitnix
Regular
With the current Android version 3.4.0, I can no longer play on my Marantz AV receivers. This has been working before.
10 Replies

Nico
Community Legend

Hey@arbeitnix! Welcome to the community ^^

That sounds not so nice.

Have you tried to reinstall the app ? And take a look at this site. You can see your offline devices there.

Maybe you reached your limit for offline devices. Here's a tutorial for reseting it.

Important: Doing this this will result in your offline data being removed across all your offline devices. You will need to sync again.

If it's still not working let me know it ^^

Peace

arbeitnix
Regular

Reinstalling the app did not help. No offline devices are registered to my account. I can use Spotify Connect to stream to other android devices in the network but not to the Marantz NR1605 and SR6009 receivers. The connection either does not work or breaks down after a few seconds.

Nico
Community Legend

Hmm,

i suggest you to contact the support via the contact form.

The support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Im sry that i can't help you more.

Peace

chrissyspill
Casual Listener

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Marantz NA6005 and MCR611

Since the TOS update any attempt to play to either device via the Android/iPad or Desktop app results in the Marantz device playing for 14 seconds and then it "crashes" and drops off the network and I have to restart it.

It's been driving me mad all morning as I've just got back from abroad and thought I was hitting some weird wifi glitch.

wikkel
Casual Listener
Same exact problem on my NR1605. Got any solutions? Can you do a factory reset to get the old software back?

eLeL
Casual Listener
Same problem here with the SR6009. It was working as of last week but had no success as of yesterday.

I've tried connecting using three devices with no luck. This included two Android devices on Lollipop and one iOS 8 device.

arbeitnix
Regular

I contacted Spotify support about this problem. Here is what Support has to say 

" Thanks for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Marantz devices .Since Marantz developed their own Spotify app their customer support will need to help you out. Please get in touch with them here."

However there has been no firmware update on my Marantz devices (NR1605 and SR6009) in the past 4 weeks and it has to be a problem on Spotify's side. Recent posts on this forum  indicate that users with Denon receivers are having the same problem---seems like Spotify broke something on the Spotify Connect interface with there TOS update.

MartinB
Music Fan

Spotify Connect was also broken around 3 Months ago and it magically started to work again a short time after.

The receiver is not able to maintain a connection to their servers at the moment because their servers reset the connection seconds after it was established with a TCP RST.

Spotify said on twitter that they will look into it (That was for the Denon issue but well DM Holdings is using the same application on denon and marantz.)

Kind regards
MartinB

Liked the post ? - Give me a Kudo.
Fixed your problem ? - Accept my post as Solution.

chrissyspill
Casual Listener

I've been speaking to customer support and also taken a few packet captures.

If I use my account (I login via Facebook) then when the Marantz attempts to start playback it gets a HTTP 301 Moved Permanenly error and hangs after switching into Spotify mode.

If I use a customer service supplied account then the Marantz appears to reset and goes back into Media Server mode without ever showing Spotify on the display. In this case it seems like they're simply terminating the connection with TCP RST after it's established.

I've sent this information on to customer support, I'll update this thread if I have any news.

Kalebhuffman
Am I gonna be able to use with sr7008
SUGGESTED POSTS