Spotify not loading on my samsung TV

Spotify not loading on my samsung TV

barleycove2
Casual Listener
Spotify won't load on my samsung TV. I,ve updated the TV firmware but still no joy. note it was working then just stopped loading . Also tried to delete the spotify app but it won't let me. Your help greatly appreciated
14 Replies

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there! Sorry you are having this problem.

Can you please provide the model code for the TV? 🙂

Also are you getting any error codes?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Joe
Community Legend

You could try resetting your smart hub. You'll need to reinstall all your apps afterwards. Also, make sure you have the most uptodate firmware installed.

barleycove2
Casual Listener

Hi there - it's a UE46F6510. Spotify was working up to a few weeks ago.  I tried deleting the spotify app but it doesn't allow me to do so. There are no error codes - the spotify logo comes up so it's trying to load but no music lists appear.

barleycove2
Casual Listener

Thanks for reply. How do you rest your smart hub?

Joe
Community Legend

menu/settings/smart features/reset smart hub on my model. If your menu layout is different, you need to check the manual.

asedelmeier1
Casual Listener
My Spotify logo would appear but wouldn't open.

SOLUTION: delete Spotify app, then find the Samsung Apps in the apps screen. Open it, search for Spotify, download and reinstall. Exit out of multimedia, then go back into multimedia and Spotify will be the apps screen.

Alternatively, perhaps simply using the Samsung Apps to update or download Spotify will fix the issue without deleting Spotify at all?

jayrod422

I had this same problem and deleting and reinstalling did not work.  It was stuck on the 3 bubbles spotify loading screen forever.  To fix it I pulled up another connected device (my phone) and streamed a song to the TV.  The screen immediately changed and spotify was back.  I think something on the spotify end was not sending a command to the tv and by forcing a song to it via the phone it cleared whatever process was hung up.

m6tpa

Thanks, this worked for me.

jonathanhepler

I’m having the same problem with mine. Whenever i open spotify, it just goes to a black screen, and I can’t delete it and reinstall. The model number is MU6290

Kiarydoll

Yes. After a year of just giving up on the **bleep** app I streamed it from my phone to my tv and it did the trick! Thank you so much. 

l-zx_hj8ucqk

When I choose the Spotify app it takes a while then says Error under Spotify .I've tried to delete the app then add it again .I'm totally dumbfounded .need help!

15291823537467174404083836351129.jpg

asedelmeier1
Casual Listener

Samsung removed Spotify as an app in their smart hub about a year or two ago. Don't know why they don't support it any longer. Perhaps you can stream from your phone to the tv like others suggest, although I haven't tried it yet.

ph5os-b_142h

This worked for me 

LeonXColwell

I have a Samsung 6 Series (55) and I had the exact same problem, Spotify was working days ago and it just stopped working. I managed to fix this by removing the power cable from behind the TV and putting it back it. The TV turned off and on straight away, froze for a little bit but when I loaded the Spotify app it worked. 

SUGGESTED POSTS