Spotify premium trial and Sonos

Spotify premium trial and Sonos

dredski
Casual Listener

I had a hunt around for an answer but couldn't see one which fits. I am a Sonos user and have just subscribed to the Spotify Premium free trial. I've been through the process and received the acceptance email. However when I look at my account on Spotify its says I am a "free" user and do I want to upgrade? When I try to add Spotify to Sonos as a new service I am told by Sonos that I need a Premium Spotify account. Is there a delay somewhere in the process? Will it work tomorrow? I did try the 11 digit userid (after reading another post) which came in my email but clearly that's not going to work.

Any thoughts anyone?

4 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What is your subscription status on your online overview

If it says premium, then just give it some time, sometimes it can take a little while to be recognised across all of your devices. If it says free, and you are sure you went through the free trial subscription process, then something has gone wrong. Get in touch with the support team using this form and they will be able to look into your account for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

dredski
Casual Listener

I took your advice and flagged this on Sunday - it's now Tuesday and no reply. I am trying to trial Spotify to compare to an existing Napster service. Disappointing so far. 

Peter__
Community Legend

Do you have a case number from when you got in touch? I might be able to get someone to chase it up for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

dredski
Casual Listener

I followed the advice emailed to me but that only led me to subscriptions for emails, etc. - community stuff. So, I went back to the start of the process, I was logged in to Spotify then selected the trial, went to the same payment process and finished it off - this time, all exactly the same as far as I can tell (with the possible exception of the logged in aspect) including invoicing, it's worked. I now have two invoices so will assume only one is viable.

Thanks for your efforts.

SUGGESTED POSTS