Spotify's arbitrary removing of songs because of the Bluewater/Gaudio lawsuit

Spotify's arbitrary removing of songs because of the Bluewater/Gaudio lawsuit

jamesoradford
Here’s what we got from you: "One of my songs, a cover of "When They Ring the Golden Bells," which was written in 1885, meaning, that it is Public Domain, was removed from Spotify. I was alerted to this by CDBaby, who distributes my projects. They told me that the reason Spotify removed the song was because it was part of an on-going lawsuit between BluewaterMusic/Gaudio and Spotify. I was told, also, that there is no re-dress, and that the song would not be reinstated. However, the following is copied from an email I received from Peter Roselli, Chief Operating Officer of Bluewater: Hello Jim, Bluewater Music only claims the Tennessee Ernie Ford version of “When They Ring the Golden Bells”, as this is a copyrighted rearrangement of the public domain work of the same title, with the rearrangement being owned by Tennessee Ernie Ford and controlled by Bluewater Music. We make no claim to the work that you control. Bluewater has no ability to remove songs from the Spotify platform nor put songs onto the Spotify platform. Please contact your digital distributor or Spotify directly to ask that they reactivate the song on their platform. Best regards, ---- Peter A. Roselli Chief Operating Officer Bluewater Music Services Corp. From: Bluewater Music Website [mailto:noreply@mail179-2.suw41.mandrillapp.com] On Behalf Of Bluewater Music Website Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 4:11 PM I would like, respectfully, to request that my song be reinstated. There is no dispute involving me, Spotify, Bluewater/Gaudio or CDBaby. Thanks for your help. Jim Radford To: info@bluewatermusic.com Subject: Licensing Enquiry from bluewatermusic.com" We have some quick options we think can help you: In the meantime, we have some quick options we think can help you: Try searching our support site with frequently asked questions.
0 Replies
SUGGESTED POSTS