Spotify won't play last song on albums

Spotify won't play last song on albums

danoman89
Regular

I've noticed recently (within the last few days) that when I listen to an album on Spotify, Spotify will stop playing at the end of the second to last song- that is, it won't play the last song. I can manually go in and turn on the song myself, but if I don't do that, spotify acts like it's played the whole album after finishing the second-to-last song. This has happened on at least 4 different albums I've played. Anyone have any clue why this may be happening? Is there some bug I can fix? I've also had trouble with way too many adverts, as I've mentioned earlier (they now usually come after every song).

2 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

The last track not being played on Spotify free is a known issue, originally reported here

What version of the client are you using?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

danoman89
Regular

I'm not sure what version I'm using, but I did a clean re-installation of spotify to try to fix another version, so I'm assuming I'm using the most recent version (I re-installed yesterday).

I've been using the online player (play.spotify.com) today and that has fixed both my last-song-on-album issues and my ad issues.

SUGGESTED POSTS