Starring vs my music

Starring vs my music

notseanlinton
Casual Listener

I'm sure this has been posted everywhere but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I don't understand the difference between starring songs or saving them. I got an newsletter from Spotify today to help "Run through" the new way but nothing was different. 

"You can now save whole albums" how is that different than starring a whole album?

"You can save artists" I have not been able to save an artist, and what would the functionality of that be anyways? I don't see why you would want to add an artist to a playlist, what would it even do?

It also says I can browse my saved music by artist or album but I don't see any search bar.

I've flipped back and forth between Starred and Saved and they look exactly the same. What am I missing?

3 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
Starred is a playlist way of saving content, the your music system gives you a way to build a collection you can easy sort by album/artists too.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

notseanlinton
Casual Listener

Arrange in what way?

Because I could arrange it alphabetically by either album or artist in starred too, so I still don't see the difference?

Peter__
Community Legend
It's just a different way of organizing content. The your music system also allows you to save entire albums without having to star every track. I think Spotify intended it to be Starred 2.0, starred with some improved functionality.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS