Student Discount Not Working For Anyone. So is it SCAM!!?? Why waste our time Spotify?

Student Discount Not Working For Anyone. So is it SCAM!!?? Why waste our time Spotify?

etorres1990

I've tried sighing up for a Premium Account with Student Discount on the student page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student) but after the payment is processed it loops back to the begining every single time. I've tried mulitple Credit Cards and even created a new account but it continues to loop back over and over again. I've contacted Spodify support team which weren't much if any help. My email's weren't  long and the spport team answered random questions that I didn't even ask them. I'm starting to wonder whether the Support team is automated or Outsourced. I've never had so much trouble sighing up for anything it's almost like Spotify Spotify doesn't want my money. Did anyone else experience this problem and find a solution? 

1 Reply

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. They are not outsourced.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you have already contacted support and they did not help:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS