Sudden access problems

Sudden access problems

zahavi

After years of use I keep getting messages saying "Application quit unexpectedly" and asking me to try again. I used to be able to simply click on the Spotify icon. When I try again the same message reappears. I decided to set up Spotify again and following this a message asks me to Install Adobe Flash. I do so but it still makes no difference. In fact I subsequently get a message saying that my installation (of Spotify) has failed. I have to say that after many years of very easy use this is totally frustrating. I use an Apple Mac and try access via Safari. Can anyone help me and advise why this has happened out of the blue? Thanks so much.

1 Reply

shannokei
I just had the same issue (I have a Mac version 10.5). Apparently, the new Spotify update won't allow it to run on Mac 10.5.  But fortunately there is a solution to this:

(Thanks to, Jindurain)

--- Re: Help, my spotify doesn't open anymore on MAC!

Peter's original instructions work if you download the 8.5 version from http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/mac/old instead of the link provided in Peter's original post (that version recreates the crash). Thanks! 

---

Hopes this helps. (If the link doesn't work Try this.)

SUGGESTED POSTS