[Trial][Just for Fun][Peter's Weekly Quiz] - Trail Quiz

[Trial][Just for Fun][Peter's Weekly Quiz] - Trail Quiz

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey guys 🙂 

Just to spice up the off topic section, I had the idea of running a general knowledge quiz each week for anyone who wants to take part. I'll do it as a trial this week, and if enough people join in or like the idea, I will do it every week! 

Rules:

1. Quiz questions will be posted on Sunday, and the topic is open for answers until the Sunday after (so 7 days). All times are in GMT, so you must submitted before 00:00 GMT on Monday to be eligible to win.

2. There is no "prize" as such (maybe sometime in the future I will be feeling generous) but I do give you permission if you win to link to this topic in your signature and call yourself a winner to brag to the other community members. 

3. This quiz is open to all community members including Spotify staff, community experts and super users. 

4. In the spirit of quizzing, I ask you to be honest in your answering and not use Google or any other search engine to locate the answers.

5. You may work in teams if you like (so you can share winning). I do ask if you are going to do this, get 1 team member to post the answers and clearly link to the other's community profiles in the post. 

6. Quiz master's decision is final.

7. In the event of a discrepancy with the answers, that question will simply be discounted. 

8. In the event of a tie between 2 or more individual or teams, there will be a deciding question. It will be posted on the topic and PMed to all members of the decider. The first individual/team to reply with the correct answer wins. 

Questions:

1. What is the state capital of Missouri?

2. Politician Herbert Morrison was the grandfather of which member of Tony Blair's cabinet?

3. Which US singer/songwriter recorded the albums "The Heart of Saturday Night", "Heartattack and Vine", "Swordfishtrombones", etc?

4. Who was Poet Laureate during World War 1?

5. Korma' is an Indian cooking instruction to do what?

6. When George Formby sang the lines: 'It may be sticky, but I never complain, I like to have a nibble at it now and again', to what was he ostensibly referring?

7. Where would you find a crossjack and a spanker?

8. Mohamed Al Fayed erected a statue of whom outside Craven Cottage in 2011?

9. Who piloted the first flight across the English Channel?

10. The Angel Falls in Venezuela are the highest but where are the world's second highest waterfalls?

11. Which animal symbolizes the zodiacal sign Taurus?

12. Which country imports the biggest volume of Champagne from France?

13. A group of Rhinos are called a?

14. Which country introduced the 'Cult of the Supreme Being' in 1794, intended to become the state religion?

15. Alfredo Stroessner was a dictator of which South American country from 1954 to 1989?

16. Which female candidate was beaten by Nicolas Sarkozy in the 2007 French Presidential election?

17. Who wrote the book 'Trainspotting'?

18. What precious gemstone is associated with the 45th wedding anniversary?

19. What do the letters HCF stand for (mathematics)?

20. Pierre Basile fired the crossbow that caused the death of which English king?

Answering

Can you please answer in the following format (to make it easier to mark)

1. <Answer>

2. <Answer>

Thank you and good luck!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

7 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Congratulations to the Spotify Community Team, you are the Winners! 

Full Scores:

Sunscreenstick - 0 (Its a bull)

Not sure I will keep doing this, seeing as there were only 2 entries 😛

Peter

Peter

Sunscreenstick
Regular

11. The animal that symbolizes the zodiacal sign Taurus is the Ram. (I sincerely hope I didn't flunk out yet.)

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Well, we put our heads together in the office. This the best we could do at 9am with minimal coffee/tea:

1. Jefferson City

4. Ted Hughes

6. Little Stick of Blackpool Rock

10. Victoria Falls

11. Bull

12. England

13. Pack

14. China 

17. Irvin Walsh

18. Sapphire

19. Highest Common Factor

20. King Rufus

Peter__
Community Legend

Sorry for the delay in marking this! Been a mad week. 

I will do it now 😉 

Peter

Peter

Richard
Roadie
Can we get all the answers, hammeh ?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Peter__
Community Legend

Sure 🙂 

• 1. What is the state capital of Missouri?Jefferson City

•  2. Politician Herbert Morrison was the grandfather of which member of Tony Blair's cabinet?Peter Mandelson

•  3. Which US singer/songwriter recorded the albums "The Heart of Saturday Night", "Heartattack and Vine", "Swordfishtrombones", etc?Tom Waits

•  4. Who was Poet Laureate during World War 1?Robert Bridges

•  5. Korma' is an Indian cooking instruction to do what?Braise

•  6. When George Formby sang the lines: 'It may be sticky, but I never complain, I like to have a nibble at it now and again', to what was he ostensibly referring?My Little Stick of Blackpool Rock

•  7. Where would you find a crossjack and a spanker?Sailing ship they're sails

•  8. Mohamed Al Fayed erected a statue of whom outside Craven Cottage in 2011?Michael Jackson

•  9. Who piloted the first flight across the English Channel?Louis Bleriot

•  10. The Angel Falls in Venezuela are the highest but where are the world's second highest waterfalls?Tugela Falls (South Africa)

•  11. Which animal symbolizes the zodiacal sign Taurus?Bull

•  12. Which country imports the biggest volume of Champagne from France?Great Britain

•  13. A group of Rhinos are called a?Crash

•  14. Which country introduced the 'Cult of the Supreme Being' in 1794, intended to become the state religion?France

•  15. Alfredo Stroessner was a dictator of which South American country from 1954 to 1989?Paraguay

•  16. Which female candidate was beaten by Nicolas Sarkozy in the 2007 French Presidential election?Segolene Royale

•  17. Who wrote the book 'Trainspotting'?Irvine Welsh

•  18. What precious gemstone is associated with the 45th wedding anniversary?Sapphire

•  19. What do the letters HCF stand for?Highest Common Factor

•  20. Pierre Basile fired the crossbow that caused the death of which English king?Richard I the Lionheart

I will see if I can get another quiz sources by this weekend! 

Keep an eye out 😉 

Peter

Peter

Richard
Roadie

Man, I was pretty sure about #20

Guess in those times lots of folks were getting killed by arrows.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
SUGGESTED POSTS