Unable to change my country

Solved!

Unable to change my country

df3502

I live in Germany (which is where I registered for an account from) and had been using Spotify without incident for a while. Recently however, I've been unable to use it, which is linked to "USA" being set as my profile's country for some reason. I am unable to change that as it's greyed out even though my IP is located in Germany (as it should be).

What can I do to solve this problem? I can't register for a premium account (as my only option is Paypal and that account is set to Germany) so I'm a little stumped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Thanks. Leave it with me and I'll escalate this to the staff. You should hear something soon.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

flo10emrch
Casual Listener

Dear df3502,

I am having the same problem and already posted in this community. There are a lot of threads about this topic.

Sadly the only tipp was to open a ticket and respond to the automatic mail you will receive thereafter. So I did and nothing happend in about 3 weeks for now.

I do not have a payment method listed, all I can tell you is, it is not related to the payment method.

Best regard,

f10e

Joe
Community Legend

Please use the online contact formand someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@df3502 wrote:

I live in Germany (which is where I registered for an account from) and had been using Spotify without incident for a while. Recently however, I've been unable to use it, which is linked to "USA" being set as my profile's country for some reason. I am unable to change that as it's greyed out even though my IP is located in Germany (as it should be).

What can I do to solve this problem? I can't register for a premium account (as my only option is Paypal and that account is set to Germany) so I'm a little stumped.

Joe
Community Legend

@flo10emrch Have you had nothing from Spotify apart from the automated email? When did you send your email reply?

flo10emrch
Casual Listener

Dear Joe,

here is the copied timestamp:
2014-06-24 0:03 GMT+02:00 Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>:

here is the case number:

Spotify Case # 01558582

Even though it says "no-reply" I did so, cause the community told to reply. The only mail I got was from the no-reply mail adress, so  I could not reply somewhere else though.

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Thanks. Leave it with me and I'll escalate this to the staff. You should hear something soon.

View solution in original post

flo10emrch
Casual Listener

Der Joe,

thank you for speeding up the process! I got areply and everything is working for me now!

Everyone should try the following:

1. Clear browser cache (important)
  2. Reinstall spotify
  3. Profit

Joe
Community Legend

Glad to hear it's fixed. Enjoy your music 🙂

dharma2b
Regular

Hello,

This didn't work for me, alas... I'm stuck with France as my country, when I'm tryign to change my country to US.  What gives?

Thanks for anyone's's help!

Viki

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@dharma2b 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

kattirtzis

Hello

I am trying to update my account from Australia to the UK but it is greyed out and I am unable to change it. Please can you help.

Thanks.

SUGGESTED POSTS