Where do I find list of participatiing artists on tracks playing?

Where do I find list of participatiing artists on tracks playing?

ieaarva
Regular

Where do I find information about the track I am currently playing, like musicians, director, composer,recording studio,dates etc. I cannot belive that Spotify is alowed to publish tracks without at least supply a link to this information. I don't know about the pc player, but I haven't been able to find this information on my iPhone Spotify app at least.

IVer in Oslo

6 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

The music publishers publish their music on Spotify but being able to access additional information on mobile would be cool. On the desktop client, there's an application H1tchr which is quite handy but I haven't come across anything like tis for mobile, sadly.

ieaarva
Regular

Thanks! That's quite nice! But that's more like Wikipedia and mostly describes the main artist, not the list of musicians participating like the information you typically find on a record cover. Strange that the artists organizations like IFPI don't require Spotify to offer this information to the users.

Peter__
Community Legend

Sounds very similar to this feature request topic which asks for more metadata.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

bootsy_badger
Casual Listener

I agree with the original post! 

I'm just now listening to Billie Holliday.  Who is that playing the piano on 'I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues'?  Teddy Wilson?  Count Basie?

If Spotify is going to replace my CD /vinyl collection, I need that infromation.

bootsy_badger
Casual Listener

*information

bootsy_badger
Casual Listener

I think that tagged post is requesting only the composer.  I'd like the full 'sleeve notes' info.

SUGGESTED POSTS